View Poll Results: Will the Rangers.....

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win the Wild Card

0 0%
  • Just Miss the Playoffs

3 50.00%
  • Not overtake any of the teams (Red Sox, Yanks, Twins) in the WC Race.

2 33.33%
  • Fall off the Map.

1 16.67%

Thread: Rangers Playoff Chances

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Question Rangers Playoff Chances

Their offense has carried them to within 6 games of the WC with a month plus to play. Could they catch some fire and pass the Red Sox, Yanks and Twins (and potentially the Rays/White Sox?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Re: Rangers Playoff Chances

With their young pitching stepping it up like they have been and the offensive explosion they've found, it's definitely a possibility. But I doubt it. They're not catching the AL East. The Sox and Rays and potentially the Yanks are just too strong.

It's sad too because this team has really come together and they look like a real team. If their core stays together in the offseason and they bring back some of this young pitching, they could do great things next year. But they are in too big of a hole to overcome this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    With their young pitching stepping it up like they have been and the offensive explosion they've found, it's definitely a possibility. But I doubt it. They're not catching the AL East. The Sox and Rays and potentially the Yanks are just too strong.

It's sad too because this team has really come together and they look like a real team. If their core stays together in the offseason and they bring back some of this young pitching, they could do great things next year. But they are in too big of a hole to overcome this year.
    I'm afraid I have to agree with this, except for the too big of a hole part. Six games is not too big of a hole, and they will likely make a good run at the wild card, but I think they will fall short. Their pitching just isn't good enough to pass all of the stronger teams that are also going for the wild card spot. Although Texas has probably done better than anybody expected them too, certainly better than I expected from them. If they stay above .500 it will be only the 2nd time since their '99 division title that the Rangers have had a winning record.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Texas is playing good baseball and are just an offensive juggernaut but they will just miss the playoffs. It would be great if they could come back and win the WC to see a LA, Minnesota, Tampa Bay and Texas playoff matchup. If the Rangers take 3 of 4 from the Yankees, that's a great start.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I have to agree with GF and Molina on this one. Their pitching would have to improve greatly to give them a legit shot. But 6 games is still pretty close. Considering the A's lost 13 games since the last time Molina updated the AL West Standings.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    I have to agree with GF and Molina on this one. Their pitching would have to improve greatly to give them a legit shot. But 6 games is still pretty close. Considering the A's lost 13 games since the last time Molina updated the AL West Standings.
    Thanks for editing the standings for me.

I know I ain't been around much lately.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000