Thread: Rangers sign Gagne to 1 year deal

MLB ERA

Rangers sign Gagne to 1 year deal

LINK

The Rangers have signed former Dodgers ace closer and Cy Young winner Eric Gagne to a 1 year deal worth $6 million dollars. If he can pitch anywhere close to where he was a few years ago this is a great signing.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    good luck to Gagne and the Rangers

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Nice gamble. If he can return to any type of his previous form there is your closer!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Nice gamble. If he can return to any type of his previous form there is your closer!
    Considering how good Aki was in that role last year I seriously doubt Gagne has any chance of taking it away from him. Only if Gagne is back to his old self and Aki struggles do I see that happening. Gagne/Otsuka would make a great 8-9 inning punch though. They didn't have a really good 8th inning guy last year after they traded Cordero.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Gagne must have a chance to win and prove his worth for the job. From my understanding the rumors were stating he wanted to go somewhere to close games. Why would he want to come to Texas if he wanted to close and they have a closer already.. That seems totally weird to me.

AAA ERA
    Nice signing... Akinori goes back to the setup roll. I've always been a big Gagne fan, lets hope he can return to his cy young ways...
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    maybe he will. he definitely has the reputation and the demeanor for the role!!!!