The Rangers turned down an offer to bring Scott Kazmir home to Texas. The Rays have shopped Kazmir around a bit, even calling the Mets New York Mets , who expressed initial interest but nothing more. Tampa is trying to see if they could trade Kazmir, Carlos Pena and in the right blockbuster even Carl Crawford to free up dollars to make a bigger trade. The Rays are most focused on seeing if they can add Cliff Lee and Victor Martinez in one trade, though they continue to call on Halladay, as well.
A bigger trade? Wouldn't a trade with one or more of Kazmir, Pena, or Crawford be a pretty freakin big trade in and of itself? And what is the purpose of shipping out one or more superstars to ship in some others? I know Kazmir has been bad this season but he's still Scott Kazmir.

And Kazmir going to the Mets would be funny If I'm another team in need of pitching, to hell with the ridiculous demands of the Jays and Indians. I'd be going after Kazmir. From everything I'm hearing it sounds like he's relatively cheap for Scott Kazmir, and his numbers this year bring down his value even more. I'm jumping all over this if I'm any team in need of pitching. Especially the Yankees, and why the Mets didn't express more interest is beyond me.