Thread: Maddon Wants Anderson

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rays Maddon Wants Anderson

Rays manager Joe Maddon hinted Monday that he would like to see his team pursue free agent Garret Anderson.
    Maddon coached the now 36-year-old while he was with the Angels and apparently fell in love. "Yeah, I love GA. GA is wonderful," Maddon said. "Actually, I thought over the last two seasons, I thought GA’s game got even stronger. I thought offensively speaking, I thought he was swinging the bat great."
    I predicted that Anderson would wind up a Ray as I think he is the perfect fit for them and apparently Maddon agrees. Anderson hit .293 with 15 HRs and 84 RBI last season which have been close to his numbers over the past four years. Anderson is the ultimate professional and isn't a flashy kind of guy. The Rays need a left handed DH and he fills that void while being able to help in the OF whenever he is needed. Imagine Anderson hitting behind guys like Upton, Pena and Longoria. Anderson hitting 6th in the Rays lineup would be beneficial and his veteran presence would too. Anderson has a ring and I find him to be a huge upgrade over Cliff Floyd. I hope the Rays get Anderson and not Milton Bradley who the Rays are also looking at. Bradley is a poor clubhouse guy and would be more expensive than Anderson. The Rays have done well by getting rid of clubhouse cancers like Elijah Dukes and Delmon Young. No need to bring in one like Bradley.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Maddon Wants Anderson

Anderson's a class act and would certainly go along with the culture they're developing in Tampa Bay...not to mention, the guy can still hit.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.