Thread: Hallelujah!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rays Hallelujah!!

Rays agreed to terms with LHP Scott Kazmir on a three-year, $28.5 million contract with a club option for 2012.
    The Rays buy out his first year of free agency and get an option for the second. Signing Kazmir is perhaps the riskiest move the Rays have ever made, given the potential for more arm problems, but it's not like they were ever going to come up with a suitable replacement in free agency if they opted to let him go. At this price, it doesn't seem like a bad investment.
    Damn its good to see good management!! The Rays have really turned their franchise around and its all on pitching. Shields and Kazmir locked up and David Price is on the way and Garza is right there too.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Re: Hallelujah!!

I love it as well. I love seeing the small market teams have some success finally. Good for the Rays!!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This could be a steal for the Rays just like it could also turn out to be a 30 million dollar blunder. But when you consider what guys on the market have gotten recently, 4 or 5 type of starters getting 30-40 million dollar deals... to lock up a young stud like Kazmir at that price is not a bad idea at all. If he can put his injuries behind him for awhile, should Tampa Bay want to deal him, this would give him a lot of increased value.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

He's only 24 so I think he can get past his arms problems faster than most. He looked sharp in his last start.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

edwin jackson is still young too... maybe he can figure out the concept of consistency. as it is though, hes pitching solid this year too... 3 starts this year, hes given up 5 or 6 runs, but in the other 5 hes given up 0 or 1. with the 4 names you mentioned and eddie jack, thats not a bad rotation for the future. hes hit or miss, true indeed, but hes still only 24 years old.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Rays for the first time in there exsitence are 8 games over .500. Props to the Rays.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

ditto!!! what Bon Bon said!

Closed
    AAA ERA

Even though they are in the A.L. east. If any other team had to win this division other than the Redsox I would want it to be the Rays.

MLB ERA

The Devil Rays are young, and they look like they are having a lot of fun out there on the field. That's an element that a lot of teams seem to be missing these days. This is a fun team to watch.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Youth and playing well togeher usually bring out the fun aspect. It is actually great to this this team mature a bit after all the problems they have had in the past. I just wish that fans in the Tampa area would start supporting them a bit better.

MLB ERA

winning brings fans. if the team keeps winning, then the fans will support them. the key is to keep winning, but i think this team has a good future ahead of them. as long as they don't start trading off their good young players like most "mid market" teams do. I hate using the words small and mid market teams, because I don't believe in them. I just don't know how else to describe the Devil Rays. The Reds have cried the small market blues for years, but there isn't anything small market about them. If you build a winner, you can sell tickets.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Damnit Crazy8's, no more "Devil" This is a fun team to watch as they now have a balance of pitching and offense. I cannot see anymore long losing streaks in their future right now.

Closed
    AAA ERA

I don't see many long losing streaks as well with the likes of Kazmir, Shileds and even Garza in then rotation. One of those guys is capable of stopping a losing streak fast.