Thread: 2011 Predictions

MLB ERA

2011 Predictions

Who does everyone have as the division champs, playoff happenings, WS Champs, MVP, Cy Young, ROY etc?

What are your predictions for your team?

MLB ERA
    90 losses and a hopefully some return on the investments of the young spects ive gotten or will get this year. Thats my dream goal for the Minnesota Twins.

Yes I am aiming low.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Well.. I may as well go and do some predicting

I'll start with my Baltimore team specifically.. then I'll go thru the league later, and give a season prediction and a set of playoff predictions...

With the talent I have.. I do not see why I cannot shoot for 105-110 wins... I should be top 5 in both offense and pitching... and I have a history of one of the absolute best team fielding %'s too (and some perenial Gold Glovers also)...

I think I have a legit shot at MVP in either Loney or Huber... whoever does better in the middle of that lineup... Huber, if he hits HR's like his talent, may have the better chance, with his 10 contact and his .330 career BA... Loney is younger and could mash out the HR and RBI though... each one is the reason why the other won't have a shot at the triple crown (as well as some other great players in the AL like Bozied)...

I have a great possibility at 3 or 4 20 game winners... I think that I have a shot at Cy Young with Meyer or Rincon... I just need my pitchers to stay healthy for once... but McGowan has probably got to be the favorite for Cy Young, going into the season.... Toronto has one hell of a pitcher there

I am shooting for a .304 or better team BA... my record for a season is 2 seasons ago with a .306 as a team...

Player to watch... Rookie Delmon Young... needs to improve contact a bit.. but coming to the majors with a 10 power from the #6 spot in the lineup, and playing RF... good protection around him, and plenty of hitting talent above him... definate ROY candidate

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA

Houston Astros

The pitching for the 'Stros will be the key to stay in games. There has been a couple of notable changes to my lineup this year:

At Catcher, Javi Herrera: I decided to give him the starting role this year-it's time for him to see what kind of damage he can do in the lineup.
    SP Kris Keller-He was in the minors most of last season as a reliever and I'm doing a little bit of creativity again. I had Tyler Walker be the starter in replace of Wes "0-7" Obermueller and Walker didn't do as well as I hoped he would so now if Keller is the true workhorse, I expect him to win some games for me.

I predict a 3rd or 4th place finish in the NL Central this year. I didn't sign any free agents in the offseason and that'll hurt my chances to compete with Pittsburgh and St. Louis.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'm actually pretty satisfied with my team. I think we'll stay in the Wild Card hunt all year, but we won't win it... 80-85 wins. We got a few quality hitters... Aybar, Sardinha and Felts... we got a few quality pitchers... Liriano, Rodriguez and Hunt... and we got a few quality guys out of the pen... Rivera, Scarface and Hooper. I think the main key to my season... is Chuck Tiffany, and how quickly he progresses.

Balt
    White Sox
    Anaheim

Florida
    St Louis
    Colorado

I think the Dodgers are going 162-0. Ian Stewart will mash 80 home runs, and bay will get 300 hits.

cy young...sisco
    roy...james mann
    mvp...eli banuelos
    ws...whitesox

as much bias as this has it could possibly be correct

MLB ERA
    jays predictions 90-100 wins
    McGowan probably my only pitcher who can win 20 games and last season he pitched 276.0 inning, he will keep his ungodly Strikeouts to Walks ratio and he will be factored into the Cy Young race, what hurts Dustin's chances are hits and HRs they're the only stat he has trouble with

The bullpen is a bit stronger with Chris Spurling as the new closer, Chris Spurling doesn't have great career numbers but i'm hoping he comes though with a career year. the backbone of the bullpen is Scott Beerer, Travis Sellers and lefties David Martinez and Brad Thomas.

If Mickey Ouimet can re-gain his 2009 numbers he will have a shot at the MVP, Brad Nelson, Joe Crede and Rene Reyes will have to show up for Toronto to have any chance at the division or wild card

Baltimore
    Chicago White Sox
    Anahiem
    Toronto or Texas for the wild Card

Florida
    Pittsburgh
    Colorado
    Atlanta for Wild Card

my pick for the World Series this year would be Anahiem
    as for awards, i can't thnk of anyone

edit: fixed some mistakes and added some stuff
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Philadelphia: 75 wins, 4th in the NL East.

High hopes, I know.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Alright, I will take St. Louis in the W.S. Check out the top of the rotation. The only team good enough to take them on is..........me.

AA ERA
    albbla you are too funny. Here are my predictions:

Baltimore
    Chicago White Sox
    Anahiem
    Texas for wild Card

Florida
    Pittsburgh
    Colorado
    St. Louis for Wild Card

Colorado WS champs again.
    AL MVP: Loney
    AL CY: Belizario
    NL MVP: Button
    NL CY: Beckett

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    My goal is to win 80 games this season. I should be much better and deeper than last seasons AAA reject team.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)