Thread: LTR's Weekend At Busch

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cardinals LTR's Weekend At Busch

I just got back from St. Louis after watching my first interleague series. Busch is a great stadium and great people all around! I will get back to that later. I had a great time and got to do a lot of great stuff. I would just mention that I broke up with my girlfriend twice to go to ballgames this year. That's what kind of fan I am. I did get to sleep with a beautiful woman all weekend so it was worth it.

Game One- The Cards got their asses whooped but it was still awesome to see the Rays play as they are starting to become my favorite AL team. We went to Mike Shannon's after the game and got trashed. Then stumbled to a bar called Tigin and had a blast as we were practically the only ones there.

Game Two- What a ****ing great game that was!!! Pujols homered and Ludwick homered twice including the walk-off shot which I was about 10 feet from grabbing. Great exciting game but I got baked in the sun! Seeing Garza pitch was fun also. Longoria had a good series too. After the game we went to the Budweiser plant and went on the tour. A dream come true...again.

Game Three- This was the day I was looking for! The day started off on a ****ed up note. We met this woman walking her dog on the way to the game. She was a gorgeous older lady and we commented on her dog. She then asked if we were going to the game. We said yes and then she asked if we had tickets. We said we had bleacher tickets and then she asked if we wanted her box seats behind home plate, for free! We said hell yeah and she proceeded to walk up to her expensive ass condo and get the tickets. She comes down with an embarrassed look on her face and told us her husband just gave up the tickets. We were so pissed but then again it was such a nice gesture you couldn't really be. Then we get to the stadium only to get out free Stan the Man statue since it was the first annual Stan Musial Day. What an absolute joy it was to see Stan the Man! They had an awesome little highlight reel on the scoreboard and he made a little speech which was awesome. He had trouble walking and he even made a joke about, "Sorry but I have a bad knee. I hit too may triples." I know me and the guy next to me could keep our eyes dry. It was a great moment and couldn't help from tearing up. Then he played Take Me Out To the Ballgame on the harmonica during the 7th inning stretch. Awesome. Ludwick hit his third homer of the series and Skip hit a walk off double. Awesome games and awesome series!

MLB ERA

Re: LTR's Weekend At Busch

Wow. Talk about the baseball being exciting. Two walk-off wins in a row, and you were there to witness both of them! That's sweet dude. I've been walking around Busch, but I never went in to watch a game. It looked like a great place to spend an afternoon!

It's awesome to see that you had fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: LTR's Weekend At Busch

I also hit 80 mph on the radar gun at Busch. They have a places where you can you can throw and hit. I only got four pitches and hit 79 mph three times and then hit 80 mph. I am 26 now but when I was 19 i was clocked at 88 mph....once With a few more tries, I think i could have gotten to 85.