Thread: "I never intentionally took steroids."

"I never intentionally took steroids."

I congratulate Raffy on 500 hrs and 3000 hits but all that respect was thrown into the crapper today.

I also think that Jose Canseco might be calling you collect. What was that about a lawsuit?

MLB ERA
    What's the problem? He said he never took him. If he never did take them as far as he knew, and later tested positive, wouldn't it be reasonable to change the statement to reflect that? Or would you rather convict him?
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    I don't buy for even a second that he didn't know that he was taking steroids. Even if he DIDN'T know, after his hearing before Congress and the fact that he had just stated several times how he didn't take them and that it was totally wrong for anyone to take them, wouldn't you think he would have been extra cautious when putting things into his body he didn't know about? That's the best case scenario here, and I don't even buy that it's true. If it is, it still doesn't take him off the hook at all in my mind.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    5 words:

ignorance is not an excuse

"I didn't mean to pull the trigger"

Same thing, IMO.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    or "I didn't know it was loaded" or "I didn't think it was a real gun" or "I just wanted to scare him/her"

MLB ERA
    We're talking about Gary Sheffield, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    No, we're talking about Jamal Strong.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    does it really matter?
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Now everyone has to believe Jose "I Juiced Them All" Canseco, or at least be extremely suspicious on the other names in his book...I think it was Juan Gonzalez and Pudge? Another guy who is a ridiculously obvious juicer is Bret Boone...I think the evidence speaks for himself.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

It's one thing to defend yourself, and say you are innocent. It is quite another to put on a major show declaring you are innocent and would never consider lowering oneself to the level of his accuser.

Palmeiro played all of his chips on this - his career, his likely Hall of Fame selection, his credibility. And when you go "all in", you had better not be nailed.

He tested positive for steroids. He was given a 10 game suspension. The ruling was automatically appealed, but the appeal was denied.

This all comes out not long after his magical 3,000th hit. So, was he juiced at the time of that historic hit? All sides claim the "confidentiality agreement" as the reason why they won't give details on the type of steroid or when exactly the positive test came back from the lab. Sort of puts a big wet blanket over MLB's assurances to not tolerate steroids any more and to be more open in communications doesn't it, if the "confidentiality agreement" only serves to allow players to hide what they are doing. Just as they have in the past, which allowed the whole steroid thing to take a life of its own.

I liked Raffie. I thought it was a typical Cubs blunder when they simply let him go long ago. Now, he is just another high paid hypocrite who will lie to meet his own needs, with no honor dignity or value. He is a cheater, caught lying and cheating. And for that, he should be ridiculed.

I would have preferred the bigger rat bastard Barry Bonds to have been caught like this. To have someone who actually did have some reasonable doubt about him being a juicer be the one caught is truly disappointing.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris13c
    I would have preferred the bigger rat bastard Barry Bonds to have been caught like this. To have someone who actually did have some reasonable doubt about him being a juicer be the one caught is truly disappointing.
    I don't think it's over yet. Others may still get caught.

I SO agree about the bigger rat being caught. At least Raffy is a likable guy. The Rat on the other hand......has always been a rat bastard....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................