• He's a loony

15 50.00%
  • He's annoying

13 43.33%
  • He's stupid

9 30.00%
  • He's a troll

15 50.00%
  • He works for the Yankees, really. WIN METHOD is successful for over a decade and blah blah blah

12 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Joek an idiot?

MLB ERA
    You may find the WIN METHOD ridiculous because you do not understand it, and like to make rash erring comparisons of players.
    what kind've response is that? We can not have a rational debate on the validity of a concept if the only thing you have to say in response to an argument questioning it is "you just don't understand it"

I notice no one has replied to my comment that Darren Erstad is apparantly better than Todd Helton or Albert Puljos...do you actually believe that?

and, again, one moment of post-season heroism does NOT make you a better baseball player than someone else.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

I think Joek has been drinking the Coolaid.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I love the win method, so i'll use it to put together a world series team!

C: Benji Molina
    1B: Scott Spezio
    2B: Adam Kennedy
    SS: Alex Gonzales
    3B: Bill Mueller
    LF: Todd Hollandsworth
    CF: Darren Erstad (forgot he played OF in 2002...still doesn't take away from my point)
    RF: Juan Encarnacion

according to the win method

Trott Nixon, Juan Encarnacion > Vlad Guerrero
    Kevin Millar and Scott Spezio > Todd Helton and Albert Puljos
    Mike Lowell and Bill Mueller> Alex Rodriguez and Scott Rolen
    Benji Molina > Javy Lopez, Ramon Hernandez, and Paul LoDuca
    Todd Hollandsworth > Barry Bonds

Aww..Joke eve nregistered another name to vote for himself...ejk...

Born in 1939? Right on, brother.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

ERA
    Call NASA
    Based on last years results and only on last year. Yes. If I had each of those men on my team, (Millar, Bellhorn, & Nixon), I would win the World Series. That is why the game of baseball is played and what it is played for. The greatest recognition should always be given to the players who lead their team to winning. The others all had solid, great years, helping their team to the playoffs, but they couldn't carry their team to the promised land. You can always blame the other guys on the team, however. That's what the stat guys always do.

MLB ERA
    so, if Mark Bellhorn played for someone else last season does that imply that other team would've won the WS? Even if that team was, say, the Royals?

What does that say about everyone else on the Red Sox?..

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    joek is not the idiot. Anyone that believes him is.

And I don't buy the "players on the sox are the best because they won". A lot of luck is involved and a lot of things have to go right to win it all. If you were to play the season over again and again, then the sox would not win every time. Joek is saying they would. There is a lot of chance involved. Best team for 1 year does not necessarily mean they had the best players.

If you were even to play games 4, 5, 6, and 7 over of the ALCS I am willing to bet the Sox would not win those 4 games in a row every time. luck my friends.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Joek's just hilarious, that's all. He can say some idiotic things but that makes him all the more hilarious.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    Joek's just hilarious, that's all. He can say some idiotic things but that makes him all the more hilarious.
    Say this about joek too. He draws responses which he exactly wants.

Say what you want about him. He can flat out entertain people as you mentioned, ABG.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    so, if Mark Bellhorn played for someone else last season does that imply that other team would've won the WS? Even if that team was, say, the Royals?

What does that say about everyone else on the Red Sox?..
    Absolutely not, what it says was that Mark Bellhorn was the best second baseman in baseball last year and did everything neccessary to help his team witn the WS. Isn't that why the game is played. Or would you rather have 70 HRs 150 RBIs and finish in last place.

It says everyone on the bosux team contributed to achieving what the game is played for, winning the WS. They where the best.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    joek is not the idiot. Anyone that believes him is.

And I don't buy the "players on the sox are the best because they won". A lot of luck is involved and a lot of things have to go right to win it all. If you were to play the season over again and again, then the sox would not win every time. Joek is saying they would. There is a lot of chance involved. Best team for 1 year does not necessarily mean they had the best players.

If you were even to play games 4, 5, 6, and 7 over of the ALCS I am willing to bet the Sox would not win those 4 games in a row every time. luck my friends.
    "" A lot of luck is involved and a lot of things have to go right to win it all. ""

That is the crutch and the excuse of losers.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    'Idiotic', only to those incapable of understanding.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    "" A lot of luck is involved and a lot of things have to go right to win it all. ""

That is the crutch and the excuse of losers.
    way to avoid the point...so you think that if the season were replayed over and over, the sox would win every time?

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    way to avoid the point...so you think that if the season were replayed over and over, the sox would win every time?
    I did not avoid the point. I MADE THE POINT. If everything happens exactly the same way it happened, the boxux would be World Champions. However, every year is a new season, with teams changing players, different interleague schedules, players getting older, younger players developing. Each year the best players win the WS. Win pennants, make the playoffs. The players who achieve this the most for their teams, are the best players in the game. Just as the player who hits the most HRs in the season is the HR leader, the player who can help his team wins the WS is the World Champion. Winning the World Championship is the best result a player can achieve. Only the best of the best win the WS. And the greatest win it multiple times. Hitting the most HRs is a meaningless individual achievement. And all that says is so and so hit the most HRs for that year.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I would have to say he is ignorant when it comes to the game. I seriuously can't believe this guy works for the Yanks with some of the shit he comes up with. Oh well, its Joke. We are used to it by now.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast