Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moneyballers - I'm throwing the gauntlet down

AAA ERA
    Just because you tell us that the Yankees are using this system, doesn't mean they are. For all we know you're just some crazy, arrogant internet nerd that claims to work for George Steinbrenner. You've never proven your employment. The Yankees, nor any media outlet have ever mentioned anything about a new, ground-breaking talent evaluation method. Your work has never been published. So either show us some proof, or stop claiming responsability for all of the Yankees success.

Not to mention the fact that last year, WM was beaten by the very system you discredit. WM appears to be too static to adapt to a very dynamic game.

I apologize for myself and on JoeK's behalf for hijacking this thread.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Again for the umteenth time. I work soley for Mr.S. He and I have a private contractual deal. I have been supplying him, and him alone, with the information the WIN METHOD provides. He then makes the decisions and passes them on , to whomever he wishes. I am presently writing a book re: the WIN METHOD, and when the time is right, the world will know. My goal is only to provide as much success to the YANKEE team as I can. That has been an overwhelming resounding success for the past decade+. I need only convince one person, and that has been done. Who wishes to believe or not, is up to each individual. Your own limited poll has shown more believe than disbelieve. You need not appologize on my behalf, for I have done nothing to appologize for. You need not use the forum to state your views, but are free to PM me anytime. That way you won't feel the need to have to appologize for youself and your posts.

MLB ERA
    If the WIN METHOD is so confidential, why do you keep posting about the damn thing on some little baseball website incessantly?
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Pandamodiem, anger, lots of bickering and we even have an A's fan admitting that Moneyball is dead.

Oooooh baby I'm loving it

And now time for the secret ingrident that'll really get this boiling pot to burst...

A-Rod is the man, Bonds is a cheater!!!!!!!

MLB ERA
    The bickering doesn't affect me personally. I don't like the Rangers, A's, or Yankees. Never have.
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    The bickering doesn't affect me personally. I don't like the Rangers, A's, or Yankees. Never have.
    Add in Florida and Seattle and you'll have all four corners covered

MLB ERA
    I stopped worrying about Seattle the day they made Bill Bavasi GM.

I stopped worrying about Seattle the day they made Bill Bavasi GM.

That's nice, now run along unless you've come with another feeble attempt to prove your role-playing computer printouts matter in the world of baseball.

MLB ERA
    I've found that my computer printouts and I have about as much influence on the world of baseball as you do. And my printer doesn't make nearly as much noise as you, regardless of what it prints.

Taylor, you got
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moneyballers - I'm throwing the gauntlet down-owned-cat-jpg  
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

If the WIN METHOD is so confidential, why do you keep posting about the damn thing on some little baseball website incessantly?
    I have posted on many websites. The workings of the WIN METHOD are confidential. And so is its existence in general, except where I feel the need to educate baseball fans. If you do not accept the WIn METHOD, ignore me. But in the mean time, winning has, is, and will always determine the best players.

MLB ERA
    How can you educate us without telling us the inner workings? Are we to take you at your word? That's what we call faith, and no one here outside of yourself considers you god-like.

I've found that my computer printouts and I have about as much influence on the world of baseball as you do. And my printer doesn't make nearly as much noise as you, regardless of what it prints.

Ahhh, the "I have no more ammo so I'm going to get personal" response, brilliant!

Get used to me kid, I'm going to be loud and in your face and constantly reminding you, Michael Lewis and Gammons how full of it they are. Don't like it? Buy a louder printer!

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

How can you educate us without telling us the inner workings? Are we to take you at your word? That's what we call faith, and no one here outside of yourself considers you god-like.
    The inner workings cannot be revealed. Maybe in the future. Maybe never. But the philosophy is loud and clear. Winning determines the best players.

How would you define an interview process? That is the WIN METHOD.

I do not consider myself God-like in any shape or form. Those are your words and opinion. I believe I have the best tool in baseball, and the results for over a decade have been superb. Perfect, nothing will ever be, but it is the best.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    Get used to me kid, I'm going to be loud and in your face and constantly reminding you, Michael Lewis and Gammons how full of it they are. Don't like it? Buy a louder printer!
    Is this where you start snapping your fingers and singing "I Will Survive"?

All the credit for the Ranger's success belongs solely to Grady Fuson and Orel Herschiser.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast