Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Sucks Ass!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: ESPN Sucks Ass!

Your math is wrong but I get what you are saying. Point is the Yankees and Red Sox get represented way more than any other team. You failed to go back to the beginning of this month and show all the Red Sox and Yankees games. This isn't good for the sport of baseball. What if the Yankees and Red Sox don't make the playoffs? No one will know anyone on any team because ESPN failed to show any other team as often. Again, look at the Masters. They ignored everyone else but Tiger and when Tiger was out of it, everyone stopped watching and called it disappointing. If ESPN branched out more, more people would have watched. Its not good business in the long run and whoever argues that has no foresight. Polls already show fans are tired of Red Sox/Yankees. I can do a poll here if you don't believe me.

No rivalry matches the Yankees-Red Sox. This is real baseball.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Really bad baseball. Did you see the game last night? The last ESPN game before last night's? It's awful/sloppy and boring baseball.

MLB ERA

clearly you don't understand my point, since you're still trying to argue what i just disproved. and it is good business in the long run. because if they show the yankees or red sox, more people watch than if they showed a rockies/pirates game, for instance. bottom line, more people watch. and nobody cares about pirates/rockies fans in that game, whereas more people who may not necessarily be a die-hard baseball fan will watch a much-publicized rivalry as yankees red sox. it's no use going back and forth, so i'm done here. but i think my point is proven.

PS: how is my math wrong? 8 teams in 1.5 weeks, 16 teams in 3 weeks, 24 teams in 4.5 weeks, 32 teams in 6 weeks. how is that wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Really bad baseball. Did you see the game last night? The last ESPN game before last night's? It's awful/sloppy and boring baseball.
    so what do you consider exciting baseball? I'm pretty sure there are a ton of people out there (including myself) who finds a 15-9 game both exciting and engaging (including objects flying across the room when your relief pitcher gives up ANOTHER ******* run).

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Your math is wrong saying EVERY team would be represented. It is pointless for you to go on because you are a Yankees fan. And the ratings last night, not good. Rockies/Pirates isn't a good match up. Good match-ups=good baseball=good TV. Same old thing=overkill. Its simple business.

MLB ERA

so describe to me a good matchup that's better than yanks-red sox

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    so what do you consider exciting baseball? I'm pretty sure there are a ton of people out there (including myself) who finds a 15-9 game both exciting and engaging (including objects flying across the room when your relief pitcher gives up ANOTHER ******* run).
    Chicks dig the long ball I guess! I find good pitching with good defense and smart baseball exciting. Not piss poor pitching, defense and bad fundamentals. Sloppy baseball is not exciting in the least bit.

MLB ERA

Chicks dig the long ball I guess! I find good pitching with good defense and smart baseball exciting. Not piss poor pitching, defense and bad fundamentals. Sloppy baseball is not exciting in the least bit.
    1) yes they do

2) describe to me a good game to you. with score, pitching, that sort of thing

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

so describe to me a good matchup that's better than yanks-red sox
    A good matchup besides the already overdone, over-hyped Yankees/Red Sox match-up in April that has produced back-to-back awful, boring games? Mets/Phillies is a good start.

Thought you were done there all mighty newsman

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

1) yes they do

2) describe to me a good game to you. with score, pitching, that sort of thing
    Dude, its clear you like AL type of games with a lot of scoring and not much of anything else. I like good pitching matchups like Peavy vs Zambrano or Halladay vs Kazmir. I also like good defense. Homeruns are nice but not much strategy to them. i like hit and runs, stealing bases, sac bunts, double plays, extra innings. 15-9 games is when I tune out and head for the parking lot. Slugfests don't do anything for me.

MLB ERA

that's because you are a real baseball fan. i agree. i actually find high scoring exciting, but pitching duels and fundamental play is exciting as well. unfortunately, 95% of people watching the games aren't like you. they like excitement, adrenaline, home runs. that's y high scoring gets the ratings. sorry, real baseball fans lose out to money in the end. and there's nothing anyone can do about that, because any station that caters to real baseball fans will lose money.

A good matchup besides the already overdone, over-hyped Yankees/Red Sox match-up in April that has produced back-to-back awful, boring games? Mets/Phillies is a good start.

Thought you were done there all mighty newsman
    i guess you want to make this personal. i can do that if you'd like. how about this for a start: ESPN IS F*CKING SHOWING METS/PHILLIES THIS WEEK! my god you are stupid. you're trying to argue how ESPN is getting away from good baseball matchups, and yet your example is one they're showing in the next few days!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

LOL That's why I said it was a good start dumbdick!!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

...dumbdick? Seriously???
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Again, look at the Masters. They ignored everyone else but Tiger and when Tiger was out of it, everyone stopped watching and called it disappointing.
    Tiger never got within 3 strokes of the lead in the final two days, so he was never really in it.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast