Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Sucks Ass!

Re: ESPN Sucks Ass!

They also have hardly any real competition outside your local news or sport specific channels.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Why is everyone throwing my name into this??
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You're like Jim Rome of the forums. You're controversial, even when you're just sitting on a couch drinking Vitamin water.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

I have to agree with LTR here.

Why is the NFL schedule important enough to spend the entire time talking about it?

Don't get me wrong, I was on the internet today waiting to see who the Chargers would play when, and finding my aggravation that they moved the Chargers/Saints game to London rekindled, but it's still games that are to be played 6 months from now.

In the meantime we have actual games in other sports actually being played today. Do they not deserve any air time?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    So today I wake up early to go to work and get things rolling like I usually do to find Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN radio talking about what for two hours? That's right, the NFL draft. They disputed over and over for the entire time I listened about who was getting drafted and where. After that came pure joy as Colin Cowherd talked about what for the entire show?? Damn you're good, the NFL schedule. Not the dates of the games but the match-ups like anyone ****ing knows who is going to be good in April. So come 11am comes the Jim Rome Show which I love because he talks about everything in sports but where I live it only lasts an hour until the Mike Tirico Show. What's the topic? Now the NFL dates are announced and where they are being played Woo ****ing Hoo!! Now I only have to wait six ****ing months to give a flying ****!! Who the **** cares this early about what the NFL season looks like? No one knows for sure who is good and what might happen!! Then on ESPN, they just got done with a two hour ****ing show about the ******* schedule!!! What ****ing loser watched this show? How is it possible to waste two hours on a piece of ****ing paper? ESPN just got finished blowing golf over the Masters in which they built up one man and somehow disappointed when that one man didn't win. That's what happens when you build shit up like that!! So now not only do we have to put up with these stupid ****ing mock drafts that no one ever gets right, we have to put up with hours of ridiculous NFL schedule coverage!! What's next? A four hour show on NFL team mascots? Logos? I have said this before many many times, ESPN is tunring into MTV and its sad!!

Oh and can ESPN play some more ****ing Yankees and Red Sox games please? I don't think they have missed a series yet. Why not throw every team that isn't the Red Sox and Yankees in a league and just play those two teams? Get ****ing real!!!
    If you wanted baseball, watch the baseball channel on MLB.com, or beg the MLb to launch MLB Network.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    Are you suggesting ESPN is suddenly going to lose viewership? i highly doubt it. they really are #1 in sports for a reason.
    because they are the 800 ton gorilla in the room. they are a sports monopoly. which is why people watch. they dont have any other choice if they want sports. college basketball? ESPN. College football? ESPN. Baseball shows? ESPN again. NFL? ESPN (the NFL network doesnt count since its not available to a majority of TV viewers).

so if you want sports on TV, you are stuck. me? i flip to a different channel when they start talking about stupid stuff like the schedules and other inane shit.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

ESPN,
    Please stop showing these horrible Red Sox/Yankees games. They are nine hours too long and sloppy.

Signed,
    Baseball fans from around the world.

MLB ERA

Baseball fans from around the world,

I think that we are going to keep showing the most intense and well-documented rivalry in all of sports. People like to watch them. A LOT of people. Now if we could only find some better broadcasters to replace John Miller and Joe Morgan...

Signed,
    ESPN
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    Baseball fans from around the world,

I think that we are going to keep showing the most intense and well-documented rivalry in all of sports. People like to watch them. A LOT of people. Now if we could only find some better broadcasters to replace John Miller and Joe Morgan...

Signed,
    ESPN
    Agreed.

I love how everyone complains about how ESPN "only" shows Yankees/Red Sox games...because I'm sure they don't get higher ratings than the other games they show, right? Here's some simple math: good ratings=good for TV!

MLB ERA

They'd do even better if Joe Morgan didn't average 8.4 obvious statements per inning

MLB ERA

Or call Dmitri Young "Delmon"

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

ESPN,
    Fans are sick and tired and want variety. If maybe this were late September, people would actually care about this over-hyped rivalry but its April and not intense. Plus you continue to show Yankees/Rays games and Red Sox/fill in the blank. Overkill is what you have done and MOST fans are sick and tired of these sloppy baseball games. Real fans of the games want to see good games from all teams. Please stop showing every single game these teams play. Fans in Boston and NY don't need your help in seeing a game. Too many other good teams to ignore. It's overplayed and needs to stop. Stop ruining everything!

Signed,
    Baseball fans from around the world.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Good baseball=good TV, not 5 hour slugfests and sloppy baseball in April. If ESPN built up or even spoke of another team, that game would do well too. Its like the Masters. ESPN built it all around Tiger and when he was out of it, nobody watched. OVERKILL!!!

Arguing this with Yankees/Red Sox fans is absolutely pointless anyway. Can't see outside the box and what fans outside of Yankees/Red Sox really want. Fans outside of Boston and NY are tired of it and it shows.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Agreed.

I love how everyone complains about how ESPN "only" shows Yankees/Red Sox games...because I'm sure they don't get higher ratings than the other games they show, right? Here's some simple math: good ratings=good for TV!
    I like how only Yankees and Red Sox like that they show those games more than any other.

Yeah, I understand why they do, because there's a lot of Red Sox and Yankees fans everywhere, but that doesn't change the fact that it pisses all the other fans off.

There's probably more Yankees and Sox fans in the country, but I'm willing to bet the number of fans of the other 28 teams combined still outnumber them two teams.

They're getting the ratings but they're alienating a lot of fans in the process.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Alright. Since everyone's complaining, here's ESPN's baseball schedule as far as they have it so far. Maybe this will stop everyone's Red Sox-Yankees argument

Monday, April 21: Mets @ Phillies
    Tuesday: Mets @ Cubs
    Wednesday: Yankees @ White Sox
    Thursday: NONE
    Friday: NONE
    Saturday: NONE (NFL Draft) (Orioles @ White Sox is on WGN)
    Sunday: Angels @ Tigers
    Monday: Yankees @ Indians
    Tuesday: NONE

Looks to me like there are 2 Yankees games, 2 Mets games, and then the Cubs, Phillies, Indians, Tigers, Angels, and White Sox make appearences. No Red Sox, and 4 games from the country's largest market. That's 8 teams in a week and a half. They keep that pace up, and they've represented each team at least once in 6 WEEKS. That's just good business there. Anyone who wants to argue that is an idiot and doesn't know anything about TV networks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast