Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And the last winless team in the Majors is...

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: And the last winless team in the Majors is...

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't know you liked 26 year old has beens over 22 year olds who are rated among the 5 best prospects in baseball. Willis walked SEVEN yesterday against a team that has one player that consistently takes pitches (Thome). There's a reason no one (the White Sox, who are almost void of proven starters, included) wanted to take Willis, and it's not because he still has it.

Who would that be? The only regular in their lineup listed on the DL is Granderson.
    Uh oh, Captain Clueless is at it once again.

Sit down son, class is in session.

First of all, we have to venture back to your incessant babbling about Miller and the Tiger bullpen.

Miller had a shorter start than Willis. Which would place more stress on an already thin bullpen. Miller is a starter, he doesn't help the bullpen when he goes fewer innings. (If that was too fast I'll say it slower. Making a thin bullpen pitch more innings doesn't help your team. Miller gave up more runs in less time.)

I'm not sure if you don't get the difference between a starting pitcher and a relief pitcher...if you need some help, let me know. (I can probably find some good pictures for you.)

Willis walked seven. Ok. He was missing badly. Ok. You've made
    your point. Badly, but you made it.

Now, after your blithering I decided to take a look. After one entire start, who has a better ERA.

Willis or Miller?

Whip?

Willis or Miller?

Ever heard of Brien Taylor? Todd Van Poppel? Ryan Anderson?

All very highly regarded 'prospects' that never lived up to the massive hype they got. They were all supposed to be game changers...none of them were.

Hell, you must have Homer Bailey walking on water right now. Lemme guess, you're dreaming of sniffing Phil Hughes jock?

Give me a guy that's done it before over a guy who's never done crap and hasn't gotten out of the fifth inning since 7/6/2007. Dontrelle might be having a rough stretch and maybe he has lost it...but he's at least done it.

Alright, now to the whining about the 'one regular.

Sure Zumaya isn't a regular. Rodney isn't a regular. Sheff is hurt. (But can play)

So Zumaya and Rodney don't hurt the Tigers pen?

Bro you're either stupid, clueless or both.

We're all trying to figure which one it is.

Bell rings. School is out.
    People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard

MLB ERA

wow. you musta spent a lot of time on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    wow. you musta spent a lot of time on that one.
    Nah, I just dig talking smack and remember waaaay too many "can't miss" prospects.

I love these guys who talk about guys being worth so much because they're 'five tool' guys or because they throw 100+. Then they never pan out.

Anybody remember Matt Anderson with the Tigers? Guy threw hard as hell and wilder than that.

Blew out his arm throwing an Octopus. Came back to Detroit throwing 89.

Where is he now? Live up to the hype? Nah.

So when five inning Miller turns into Cy Young himself, ok. Until then, give me a break. I live around enough Tiger fans who spewed all that crap.

I loved it when the guy got lost during the fifth inning. The guy just flat out implodes.

They shut up. Now they've got Porcello, who they swear is the real deal and that Miller was some fluke.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Now that last guy who just spouts off about prospects (don't remember his name, don't really care to) probably has Porcello tattooed on his friggin ass.
    People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard

9-1 ChiSox after a 3 RBI double.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    9-1 ChiSox after a 3 RBI double.
    Kinda funny. I'm a Reds fan, believe me.

I just have to call BS when I hear it.

I can't wait to see my Tiger fan friends tomorrow. God, one guy is probably staring down the business end of a .45 right now.

Yep, you're gonna have a field day with the Kitten fans

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    Yep, you're gonna have a field day with the Kitten fans
    Just called the one guy. He's so pissed he's taking tomorrow off.

Damn, talk about too much too soon. It's only six games in.

I truly believe that if they lose their next game, he'll be in the market for a new tv.

Note to self...offer to sell him television for $200 more than I paid.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Red View Post
    Uh oh, Captain Clueless is at it once again.

Sit down son, class is in session.

First of all, we have to venture back to your incessant babbling about Miller and the Tiger bullpen.

Miller had a shorter start than Willis. Which would place more stress on an already thin bullpen. Miller is a starter, he doesn't help the bullpen when he goes fewer innings. (If that was too fast I'll say it slower. Making a thin bullpen pitch more innings doesn't help your team. Miller gave up more runs in less time.)

I'm not sure if you don't get the difference between a starting pitcher and a relief pitcher...if you need some help, let me know. (I can probably find some good pictures for you.)

Willis walked seven. Ok. He was missing badly. Ok. You've made
    your point. Badly, but you made it.

Now, after your blithering I decided to take a look. After one entire start, who has a better ERA.

Willis or Miller?

Whip?

Willis or Miller?

Ever heard of Brien Taylor? Todd Van Poppel? Ryan Anderson?

All very highly regarded 'prospects' that never lived up to the massive hype they got. They were all supposed to be game changers...none of them were.

Hell, you must have Homer Bailey walking on water right now. Lemme guess, you're dreaming of sniffing Phil Hughes jock?

Give me a guy that's done it before over a guy who's never done crap and hasn't gotten out of the fifth inning since 7/6/2007. Dontrelle might be having a rough stretch and maybe he has lost it...but he's at least done it.
    Oh, does someone think they're smart? That's cute, but you might want to give a prospect more than a half a season (one in which he had already pitched a full college season and was then rushed to the majors) and a start on top of it before you judge that player. Willis hasn't been right for more than a season now, and the Tigers giving a prospect like Miller away for him shows they're desperate for fan approval. Not that my team is any better (but I'll admit my GM has been incompetent lately and deserves to be fired), but this team is supposed to have a great front office.

Alright, now to the whining about the 'one regular.

Sure Zumaya isn't a regular. Rodney isn't a regular. Sheff is hurt. (But can play)

So Zumaya and Rodney don't hurt the Tigers pen?

Bro you're either stupid, clueless or both.

We're all trying to figure which one it is.

Bell rings. School is out.
    Whining? I was just pointing out the facts. Granderson is the only regular they've been missing in what now looks like an 0-6 start. Their pitching has been horrible and their offense has been worse. I'm sure they'd at least like to have the hope that their players have better talent than the level at which they're performing instead of a fat lazy hitter and a washed up has been pitcher (the main reasons the Marlins traded Cabrera and Willis). If you're going to try to teach, you might want to educate yourself first.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Oh, does someone think they're smart? That's cute, but you might want to give a prospect more than a half a season (one in which he had already pitched a full college season and was then rushed to the majors) and a start on top of it before you judge that player. Willis hasn't been right for more than a season now, and the Tigers giving a prospect like Miller away for him shows they're desperate for fan approval. Not that my team is any better (but I'll admit my GM has been incompetent lately and deserves to be fired), but this team is supposed to have a great front office.

Whining? I was just pointing out the facts. Granderson is the only regular they've been missing in what now looks like an 0-6 start. Their pitching has been horrible and their offense has been worse. I'm sure they'd at least like to have the hope that their players have better talent than the level at which they're performing instead of a fat lazy hitter and a washed up has been pitcher (the main reasons the Marlins traded Cabrera and Willis). If you're going to try to teach, you might want to educate yourself first.
    Opens the window, pokes head out and calls for a 'dam8610' clue...as he's clearly lost his.

How did Miller start this year? Is that lost on you? Are you aware that there's a mental part to this game?

Obviously not.

Miller hasn't pitched six innings since last July. If you watch him, he gets into the fifth and loses it completely. Say whatever you want about talent, prospect, yada, yada...the guy only goes five and his next six inning start will be considered a minor miracle.

I've said that Willis isn't right, but his might be more easily correctable than your boy...who's never done shite. Get off the guys jock, you're acting like he's a multiple Cy Young winner when he's done absolutely nothing.

College doesn't count.

Lemme guess, you hung 'Hannah Montana' posters on your wall then replaced Miley Cyrus with Rick Porcello & Andrew Miller?

Ah, I was wrong...Miller isn't Phillip Hughes. How stupid of me.

Back to your continued inability to see the obvious

Zumaya and Rodney are key to the Tiger pen. I see that you keep pounding your pud to the 'regular' beat...but unless a Tiger starter goes 9, they're probably screwed.

Will the Yankme's be nearly as strong without Rivera & Joba?

They're not regulars.

What about the Red Sox without Papelbon & Okajima?

Again, they're not regulars but it alters the team in many ways.

Games are different without key cogs to a team. Leyland has to manage a game differently without Zumaya & Rodney.

If you don't believe this, or fail to grasp this, please stop looking.

Because you'll never find your clue. It would be hopeless.

Slowly closes window and steps away slowly. Hopes this lesson is not falling on deaf ears.

MLB ERA

Opens the window, pokes head out and calls for a 'dam8610' clue...as he's clearly lost his.

How did Miller start this year? Is that lost on you? Are you aware that there's a mental part to this game?

Obviously not.

Miller hasn't pitched six innings since last July. If you watch him, he gets into the fifth and loses it completely. Say whatever you want about talent, prospect, yada, yada...the guy only goes five and his next six inning start will be considered a minor miracle.

I've said that Willis isn't right, but his might be more easily correctable than your boy...who's never done shite. Get off the guys jock, you're acting like he's a multiple Cy Young winner when he's done absolutely nothing.

College doesn't count.

Lemme guess, you hung 'Hannah Montana' posters on your wall then replaced Miley Cyrus with Rick Porcello & Andrew Miller?

Ah, I was wrong...Miller isn't Phillip Hughes. How stupid of me.

Back to your continued inability to see the obvious

Zumaya and Rodney are key to the Tiger pen. I see that you keep pounding your pud to the 'regular' beat...but unless a Tiger starter goes 9, they're probably screwed.

Will the Yankme's be nearly as strong without Rivera & Joba?

They're not regulars.

What about the Red Sox without Papelbon & Okajima?

Again, they're not regulars but it alters the team in many ways.

Games are different without key cogs to a team. Leyland has to manage a game differently without Zumaya & Rodney.

If you don't believe this, or fail to grasp this, please stop looking.

Because you'll never find your clue. It would be hopeless.

Slowly closes window and steps away slowly. Hopes this lesson is not falling on deaf ears.
    It's funny to me that you would say that I need a clue, when clearly you have yet to find anything but blind defense of the Tigers. Let's just get some things straight here:

1) This kid has been rushed to the bigs twice. Once after a full season of college ball followed by 5 innings of A ball, then last year when he never even saw 100 innings of minor league ball. He's still very raw, and the Marlins aren't going to do him any favors, because he's one of their most talented arms, and they have no experienced players to throw out there to justify keeping him in AAA. If Miller was lucky enough to be with the Yankees like Philip Hughes is, he'd be in AA or AAA right now polishing his slider and working on another pitch, not facing NL East hitters.

2) Willis is done. That same funky delivery that made him unhittable early in his career is going to end it early, and he doesn't know or want to learn how to pitch another way

3) Speaking of the Yankees, you mention Mariano and Joba Chamerlain...odd, I recall hearing reports that the Yankees plan on making Chamberlain a starter midseason. Also, the Red Sox, the other team you mention above, planned to move Papelbon to the rotation at the beginning of 2007 until they couldn't find a closer in Spring Training of that year, and Papelbon OFFERED to take the closer role again. Wait a second...a team can move a pitcher from the bullpen to the starting rotation, and vice versa?! Who knew?! Think maybe a high 90s fastball and power slider would look really tempting at the end of the pen to Tiger fans right about now, especially with Zumaya and Rodney out right now? Don't let me stand in the way of your making a fool of yourself though.

4) Porter said, and I quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Guys just realize that a third of the Tigers lineup is on the DL.

They will turn it around.
    The important part is bolded, so that the truly clueless can find their much discussed yet never located clue. Has 1/3 of the Tigers' lineup been on the DL? No, one PLAYER in the Tigers' lineup has been on the DL, so what you see is basically what you're going to get from this squad. I'm sure some of their bats will heat up at some point, but they're counting on a lazy hitter with no work ethic and a washed up pitcher to be worth 2 of the top 5 prospects in baseball. We'll see how it plays out.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

The Red Sox are shutting out the Tigers.

Turn 2

Boston does shutout the Tigers. I believe that is now 0-7

MLB ERA

But it's okay, they'll turn it around, and so will Willis, right Eric?

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

It's funny to me that you would say that I need a clue, when clearly you have yet to find anything but blind defense of the Tigers. Let's just get some things straight here:

1) This kid has been rushed to the bigs twice. Once after a full season of college ball followed by 5 innings of A ball, then last year when he never even saw 100 innings of minor league ball. He's still very raw, and the Marlins aren't going to do him any favors, because he's one of their most talented arms, and they have no experienced players to throw out there to justify keeping him in AAA. If Miller was lucky enough to be with the Yankees like Philip Hughes is, he'd be in AA or AAA right now polishing his slider and working on another pitch, not facing NL East hitters.

2) Willis is done. That same funky delivery that made him unhittable early in his career is going to end it early, and he doesn't know or want to learn how to pitch another way

3) Speaking of the Yankees, you mention Mariano and Joba Chamerlain...odd, I recall hearing reports that the Yankees plan on making Chamberlain a starter midseason. Also, the Red Sox, the other team you mention above, planned to move Papelbon to the rotation at the beginning of 2007 until they couldn't find a closer in Spring Training of that year, and Papelbon OFFERED to take the closer role again. Wait a second...a team can move a pitcher from the bullpen to the starting rotation, and vice versa?! Who knew?! Think maybe a high 90s fastball and power slider would look really tempting at the end of the pen to Tiger fans right about now, especially with Zumaya and Rodney out right now? Don't let me stand in the way of your making a fool of yourself though.

4) Porter said, and I quote:

The important part is bolded, so that the truly clueless can find their much discussed yet never located clue. Has 1/3 of the Tigers' lineup been on the DL? No, one PLAYER in the Tigers' lineup has been on the DL, so what you see is basically what you're going to get from this squad. I'm sure some of their bats will heat up at some point, but they're counting on a lazy hitter with no work ethic and a washed up pitcher to be worth 2 of the top 5 prospects in baseball. We'll see how it plays out.
    So, you definitely know more than the guys who are putting the kid in MLB. Damn, your jock sniffing ability must be better than Dave Dombrowski's ability to draft or the entire Marlins front office. BTW, did ol' Miller make it out of the the fourth inning the other night? Nah, keep sniffing the jock...maybe one day he'll ask you out. I know, only in your dreams.

2. Willis is done? Possibly, but is his 'done' better than Miller's 'prospect' status? I dunno, tell us oh great one, I'm sure Dombrowski is burning up his phone calling you...unfortunately you can't answer because your head is stuck between Andrew "I can't get out of the fifth inning" Miller's a$$ cheeks. Wipe the brown stripe off your nose, it's demeaning. Is that a bit of corn I see stuck to right nostril?

3. Odd, I heard the exact opposite last night. I guess we will know if it happens...but has it happened yet? Nah. If you're referring to the high 90mph fastball and 'power' slider, if that's Miller, you have a huge pile of crap between your ears. One, Miller loses all his confidence very, very quickly. You yourself say the kid isn't ready yet you want to put him in the ass end of your bully? I realize that you can't handle my 'looking for a clue remarks' and need to quote other members of a website but damn...if you can't handle the smack, stay out of the damn kitchen. You want to put a guy who cracks in the fifth as the ass end of your bully? Are you really that stupid or do you honestly believe that the game is the same in the fourth inning as it is with two outs and bases loaded in the eighth or ninth. Please, for the love of God, tell me you don't.

I know, the 'one player' isn't Granderson.

Here's a link. MLB Baseball Injuries - CBSSports.com

Yes, I realize that you are going to be on this here smack section no more than ten minutes after Miller gets his first win. (I'm sure it'll take you ten minutes to wipe his a$$ for him)

After reading your posts, I feel as if my IQ has dropped nearly 50 points. You're not an Ohio State student are you?

Your next read should be...

If this offends you, try posting in the Spongebob Squarepants section.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I've never apologized in a smack forum. Some people here that I've talked smack with in the past (ADH, Mission) know this.

I would like to post an open apology to any Ohio State student who was offended by the mere notion this clown could possibly attend your fine university.

I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart. As an alum of the University of Michigan, this is a very difficult thing for me to do.

I have swallowed my pride.
    and he just swallowed Andrew Millers...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast