Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A big warm thank you to everyone who wrote off the Yankees

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: A big warm thank you to everyone who wrote off the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Veovis View Post
    The Mariners are surviving on smoke and mirrors. That and the wonderful arm of Mr. Putz. Their overachieving ways can't keep up forever. Or maybe they will and I will look foolish. Either way it should be a good time.

We all saw what the Yanks did to Cleveland this series. So far we've handled every AL Central team we have faced. We'll see what happens against Detroit, but I'm feeling very good about our chances.

But hey, who knows, if Boston fumbles this one away, we could be sitting just 4 back with six left to play with them.
    What's sad about this is, he's right but. There is more to this team than JJ Putz and Ichiro Suzuki. Imagine if we had a more consistent rotation, i.e. kept Soriano and didnt go after Horacio Ramirez)
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yes congrats to the Yankees for playing well against shitty teams and having the most favorable schedule!!:

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yes congrats to the Yankees for playing well against shitty teams and having the most favorable schedule!!:
    Kansas City is in China!

Baseless statements are fun to make!
    Save Phil Hughes

MLB ERA

The last half of the month won't be easy. After the Baltimore series they have to face, Detroit, Angels, Detroit again and than the Red Sox. All of which are 1st teams.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yeah, the Indians are AWFUL I can't believe we only beat them 3 in a row.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Oh yeah, Draven, we're all little spoiled babies, and really aren't pleased with making the playoffs at all.

I thought all Yankee fans my age were spoiled too, until I saw people coming out to some of the slaughterfests I saw firsthand.

If any fanbase can compete with the Yankees in terms of fair-weather fans and a mediocre core of fans, it's the Braves or the Dodgers.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, right, a yearly attendance of 4 million describes a fair-weather fanbase.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by perforatededge54 View Post
    Kansas City is in China!

Baseless statements are fun to make!
    How exactly was it baseless again?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Yeah, right, a yearly attendance of 4 million describes a fair-weather fanbase.
    Fans who show up in the third inning and leave in the sixth to "beat traffic."

And are reknowned for doing so. You think traffic in the Bronx or in Queens is a picnic either?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Nice to see all the Yankee fans come out of hiding! You team blew ass for half the year and now look you PART TIME fan show up. Be a fan for the entire year, not just when you winning.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Part time? Listen maybe I have an excuse sorry I had to go to freakin boot camp but the Yankee fans here weren't hiding. Listen its alright you guys can all be little pussies about this cause your team sucks but hey how bout you give these guys some props? I mean they were 14.5 games behind BOSTON! Now they are 4 behind! The Yankee fans here are not fairweather so how about all you guys go back to your little hole and keep crying cause your team sucks.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    Fans who show up in the third inning and leave in the sixth to "beat traffic."

And are reknowned for doing so. You think traffic in the Bronx or in Queens is a picnic either?
    Thanks for the tidbit. Did you pick that up from "The World Almanac and Book of Half-wit Info"? Next you'll 'reveal' to everyone else that we inject botox into our faces or go gangbanging in our spare time. Obviously, you sound like yet another one who's never been to Dodger Stadium.

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

How exactly was it baseless again?
    Because we just swept a first place team...and it wasn't even close...

Go sit on Barry Zito's lap.
    Save Phil Hughes

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Part time? Listen maybe I have an excuse sorry I had to go to freakin boot camp but the Yankee fans here weren't hiding. Listen its alright you guys can all be little pussies about this cause your team sucks but hey how bout you give these guys some props? I mean they were 14.5 games behind BOSTON! Now they are 4 behind! The Yankee fans here are not fairweather so how about all you guys go back to your little hole and keep crying cause your team sucks.

I know my team sucks! I made a post today in the Twins thread. If you look real close you will see who the active poeple are in Yankee land and who has been inactive till recently. Then you will understand my point to all of this. When Boston had a 14.5 game lead where was the fans at? The only two I remember seeing here was nyjunc and browntown.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Like I said I was at summer boot camp! How many times do I have to tell you guys thats that is where I was? I can see what your sayin its just I don't want you guys to think I'm fairweather. I'm not.....
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast