Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A big warm thank you to everyone who wrote off the Yankees

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

Re: A big warm thank you to everyone who wrote off the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    it's the SMACK forums correct?! Browntown you will miss the playoffs by 5 games. Just like your boyfriend on prom night, Yankees will go down!
    i bet browntown rounded the bases further than you on prom night.
    Save Phil Hughes

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Well played, well played.

As for your comments on the Yankees, all I can say is keep spouting your hate, just be ready to eat your words the end of September. Want to find an AL team going nowhere? Look to your own hometown squad and oh yeah, enjoy Santana in pinstripes in a few years.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: A big warm thank you to everyone who wrote off the Yankees

Here is one for you Yankee fans and the people like me, who wrote off the Yankees. They have a better record than the Mets now. That is what has surprised me tonight when I was looking at the standings after the Brewers won.

You know what is awesome? Half our players (if you count Hideki) entered the majors with the Yankees. Pettitte, Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Cano, Cabrera, Wang, Hughes, Chamberlain, Karstens, Duncan, and Phillips. The farm system is pumping out players again. The bench went from abysmal at the beginning of the year (Nieves, Phelps, Cairo), to a real strength (Phillips, Duncan, Betemit, Damon/Giambi, Molina).

The offense is rolling now. Can it keep it up? No, but it shouldn't go into the same funk it did earlier in the year, either.

The starting five is set. Wang, Clemens, Pettitte, Mussina, and Hughes give us a little bit of everything. The weakness of the team is still the bullpen, but with the way Joba has been dealing so far and with Edwar Ramirez heading up again soon (hopefully to be used properly this time), I'd imagine they can find a way to get the ball to Mo without coughing up the lead.

That being said, everything we did after the ASB was against weak competition. Now the real trial begins. The Gauntlet, so to speak.

AAA ERA

Still a long way to go but I feel confident at worst we'll win the WC and the division is far from done.

MLB ERA

"Homegrown talent" is all bullshit anyway. The best team is the best team. Period. (Rafael Palmiero Time)

Touche Mofo. Igawa really is a non issue now, I just thought it's funny Hendrickson trots out for the Dodgers every five days.

And, as far as Jackson, it's funny that you mention that as your supposed deal breaker on why the Yankees suck, considering you are blatantly ignoring the huge monster (our offense) slapping you in the face and instead looking at the awkward little baby that somehow got into the room. I don't care about Jackson now...if we miss the playoffs by a game, that's a different story.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    Here is one for you Yankee fans and the people like me, who wrote off the Yankees. They have a better record than the Mets now. That is what has surprised me tonight when I was looking at the standings after the Brewers won.
    The Mets suck to.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Can say that about pretty the entire NL. Every team has weaknesses and no one really wants to distance themselves from the pack. It is going to be a fun stretch run in both the AL and the NL this season!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Yankees won again today and swept a very good Cleveland team 5-3.

WOW!! EN FUEGO!! (sp.)

AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    "Homegrown talent" is all bullshit anyway. The best team is the best team. Period. (Rafael Palmiero Time)

Touche Mofo. Igawa really is a non issue now, I just thought it's funny Hendrickson trots out for the Dodgers every five days.

And, as far as Jackson, it's funny that you mention that as your supposed deal breaker on why the Yankees suck, considering you are blatantly ignoring the huge monster (our offense) slapping you in the face and instead looking at the awkward little baby that somehow got into the room. I don't care about Jackson now...if we miss the playoffs by a game, that's a different story.
    Homegrown talent is going to pay off huge in a few years when the Yankee rotation is counting for about 10 million dollars total on the payroll and we can offer Johan Santana 1 billlllion dollars.
    Save Phil Hughes

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

technically, you weren't tied for the playoffs at the time of Brownie's or Dry's post (and today since they both won). Seattle would have gotten it by a percentage point (the Yankees have 1 more win and 1 more loss bringing them down by a point).

Seriously, I didn't write them off because the Red Sox usually slide at some point during the end of July or August. I knew they'd at least get back into the division race. The Sox don't do well when they're ahead. I'm sure that it'll come down to the wire.

The Mariners are surviving on smoke and mirrors. That and the wonderful arm of Mr. Putz. Their overachieving ways can't keep up forever. Or maybe they will and I will look foolish. Either way it should be a good time.

We all saw what the Yanks did to Cleveland this series. So far we've handled every AL Central team we have faced. We'll see what happens against Detroit, but I'm feeling very good about our chances.

But hey, who knows, if Boston fumbles this one away, we could be sitting just 4 back with six left to play with them.

AA ERA

Gagne is doing his best to give us a hand.
    Save Phil Hughes

I laugh at the morons who thought the Yankees have "no chance" at the playoffs.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    I love how fans of basically useless teams right now are keeping up this charade.

'96 was the last time I've seen a team with so much youthful chemistry. NO WAY we don't make the playoffs.
    when did just making the playoffs become an accomplishment for a franchise like the Yankees? I can understand if you are the Royals where it would be the best thing ever, but for the Yankees I just expect more from their fans.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast