Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Soriano to Tigers?

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    And just to add one more thing, the whole reason for me responding was because someone said Abreu would be easier than Soriano to obtain which is far from the truth as I clearly have stated.
    Bro,

I'm just having fun. I'm not trying to piss you off or anything.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    And you make my point for me, Abreu will not be easy to obtain, the Phils will take on some money and there will still be a high prospect. Thank you! And you really got me on theat whole no waive clause.

Rookie ERA
    And you make my point for me, Abreu will not be easy to obtain, the Phils will take on his money and there will still be a high prospect. Thank you! And you really got me on theat whole no waive clause.
    Did you finish third grade?

He'll be easy to obtain. You take the money and give them a warm body and you've got him.

No, I didn't get you on the no waive clause...you showed the world that you're much smarter than the average kiwi fruit.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yep, one simple typo and now I am slightly smarter than a kiwi. Brilliant!! And if you can find a GM willing to take on a $16 million option for a aging and declining bat whose defense has gone to shit, then I will show you a cocksucker from Guatamala (old Carlin joke). The money is the hard part and is what has worried every team looking at him.

Bro,

I'm just having fun. I'm not trying to piss you off or anything.
    Dude, its a debate. I think I can handle it. Its not like I hate you or you hate me. Disagreeing is healthy.

Rookie ERA
    Yep, one simple typo and now I am slightly smarter than a kiwi. Brilliant!! And if you can find a GM willing to take on a $16 million option for a aging and declining bat whose defense has gone to shit, then I will show you a cocksucker from Guatamala (old Carlin joke). The money is the hard part and is what has worried every team looking at him.

Dude, its a debate. I think I can handle it. Its not like I hate you or you hate me. Disagreeing is healthy.
    Somebody will take on that money. I'm hoping he'll soften his stance on the extension, but I dunno.

Hell, you might be rich shortly because if you agree to give him $18 million next year, that GM might need a hit of that reefer. Make that an old fashioned buddha bong.

MLB ERA
    Since Abreu controls his destiny, he's made it a requirement that any team trading for him guarantee his 18 million dollar 2008 option or give him an extension. Soriano has no control over where he goes, but will be a free agent at the end of the year, and it's clear that he intends to test the water. Neither player will cost the world in terms of talent, but Abreu will cost a pile of guaranteed money, and Soriano is at worst a half-season rental. Hell, Soriano could walk and the Nats would get high picks for him.

last i heard, chicago white sox might try to get him

MLB ERA
    good contribution

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234