Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guillen: Old-school or douchebag?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    All right, Todd Bertuzzi laid a nice retaliatory hit to the vertabrae of Steve Moore. Moore won't be laying cheapshots on Markus Naslund anymore. And that black thug Donald Brashear should have seen Marty McSorley's stick to his face coming.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ozzie can go to hell for this one. If you want to hit a batter send a damn vet. You ****ing pussy. Thats like Hargrove asking someone like Jake Woods to go and plunk Vlad.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Porter raises a good point.

If you're looking for someone to send a message, why are you using a rookie who's likely never had to experience that aspect of the game?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, but every pitcher on that team should know that's how you play the game. I don't care how old you are. If one of your players gets drilled twice, you drill one of their players twice.

Now, everyone on that team thinks the pitcher is a wimp.
    rf28

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    So that's why he got pulled out of the game. Well, I can't blame Ozzie for getting mad. He sends a kid with a mid 90s fastball out specifically to plunk a guy and get ejected after Pierzynski had been hit twice in the game (thus the warnings, and it's total bullshit that both clubs get warnings), and he can't pull it off? What's Ozzie supposed to say? "Nice try kid"? Screw that. If he's told to hit the batter and he can't do it, he deserves to get chewed out. It doesn't matter that he got the out, because that's not what he was sent out to do. He was sent out to deliver a message that needs to be sent, which is: DON'T HIT OUR ****ING PLAYERS!
    ozzie is an embarassment to the game and hes a piece of shit too.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    either you love him or hate him, but thats ozzie for you guys

personally i would love to have him manage my team anyday

i agree with the part of demoting the rookie for not listening to his manager, but i dont agree with the fact of yelling/chewing him out in the dugout, do it close doors

the pitcher should have plunked blaylock, you dont plunk someone 2 times in a game and get away with it

also i think torre and RJ deserved to get suspended for overeacting to what posada did, grow up you f...in pussy it wasn't intentional

This is not the way baseball is supposed to be played, and not the way I've grown up playing and watching baseball.

Why should the player listen to his manager if its going to get him a fine and suspension, especially when he's a rookie? Stop trying to excuse this bad behavior, and bad side of baseball.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    ozzie is an embarassment to the game and hes a piece of shit too.
    Says the Cubs fan, green with envy about the thing Ozzie is holding in my sig.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Says people with half a brain. He has a ****ing temper. And he seriously needs to check what he's doning. You don't have to hit him. Just look at the
    '9o's bench filling brawl the Yankees had. The best payback you can give him his hit a ****ing HR like Tim Raines did right after and just ****ing sprint around the bases. **** hitting them back, Torre hasn't done it and look how many World Series he has won.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    either you love him or hate him, but thats ozzie for you guys

personally i would love to have him manage my team anyday

i agree with the part of demoting the rookie for not listening to his manager, but i dont agree with the fact of yelling/chewing him out in the dugout, do it close doors

the pitcher should have plunked blaylock, you dont plunk someone 2 times in a game and get away with it

also i think torre and RJ deserved to get suspended for overeacting to what posada did, grow up you f...in pussy it wasn't intentional
    The price of the suspension is much greater on a rookie than if a vet does it. If hes so happy of plunking someone, get a uniform back on and do it yourself.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    Says people with half a brain. He has a ****ing temper. And he seriously needs to check what he's doning. You don't have to hit him. Just look at the
    '9o's bench filling brawl the Yankees had. The best payback you can give him his hit a ****ing HR like Tim Raines did right after and just ****ing sprint around the bases. **** hitting them back, Torre hasn't done it and look how many World Series he has won.
    What the hell are you talking about? I never said retaliating is a part of winning championships. I was just giving the reason that a Cubs fan would call Ozzie "an embarassment to the game and...a piece of shit too".

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    Ozzie can go to hell for this one. If you want to hit a batter send a damn vet. You ****ing pussy. Thats like Hargrove asking someone like Jake Woods to go and plunk Vlad.
    exactly...he sends a rookie that is not an important part of their plan to do it so he wouldn't have to have someone of any value get suspended or beat up...pussy...rep+

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    exactly...he sends a rookie that is not an important part of their plan to do it so he wouldn't have to have someone of any value get suspended or beat up...pussy...rep+
    I can understand if its a guy like Hermanson, but it was a rookie that has no value. That is absoulte garbage. I love Ozzie's fire but sometimes he gets out of control.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    I can understand if its a guy like Hermanson, but it was a rookie that has no value. That is absoulte garbage. I love Ozzie's fire but sometimes he gets out of control.
    Hermanson who's injured (probably done with baseball as well, but still wants to collect his $$)? What's wrong with using a rookie who probably won't be up in the bigs again in 2006 (he's one of the White Sox upper tier prospects and is still being developed as a starter), but also has a mid-90s fastball, to retaliate? They deserved to have a batter hit after plunking Pierzynski twice, and any pitcher who hit a batter was going to get thrown out of the game. So why not let the rookie with the good fastball do it?

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    What the hell are you talking about? I never said retaliating is a part of winning championships. I was just giving the reason that a Cubs fan would call Ozzie "an embarassment to the game and...a piece of shit too".
    uh huh. whatever man.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast