Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keith Hernandez... Shut your piehole!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    What was so wrong with his statement? He is an old school type of player who believed it should be like it was when he played. And every damn broadcaster gives their opinions. Simple comment that lasted maybe 9 seconds. The fact that he had to apologize for nothing makes me upset. I think I am going to write an email about how upset I am getting.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Back in 2004 there was a write up about that chick and I wish I still had it. She apparently does an excellent job at what she does. The article had some stats about reduction of injuries since she came on board. Guys like Klesko and Giles said she was great. Apparently, she has earned enough of the respect of the team to be allowed in the dugout. So WTF does Hernandez care?

This sorta reminds me of Dusty Baker's kid that time he ran out on the field and almost got mowed down, and some Gnats player whisked him off the field just in the nick of time. No place for kids that young in the dugout and apparently chicks too according to Hernandez.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    What was so wrong with his statement? He is an old school type of player and every damn broadcaster gives their opinions. Simple comment that lasted maybe 9 seconds.
    If he is old school baseball then he should know that opinions and biases have no business in the booth......that was my point....there is already too much of that and has been out of control for years. Like I said any buffoon can be in the booth.

Sux to be the girlfriend of you and Hernandez......
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Opinions are absolutely necessary, being biased isn't. I don't want to hear a bunch of robots spitting stats that have little affect on the game. I want to hear what these guys would do and what they think. That is the whole damn point. Steve Stone got fired because he told them what he thought and the babies couldn't take it.

My GF loves me and has nothing to do with anything. She laughed at the people getting upset over this dumbass shit and agrees with me 100%. I tell you what sucks and that's to be PC and too scared to handle what other people think!

MLB ERA
    Opinions are NOT necessary and need NOT be widely expressed. These are former MLBers, why not share experiences instead of biased and one sided opinions. Look how much we hate Tim McCarver and Joe Morgan......

The comments of Hernandez are an attempt to set back the female gender 40 years, whether you realize it or want to admit it. Your girlfriend probably doesn't know any better and I'll write it off to ignorance of youth which I see lots of on this board.....

Link to SD story

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    Opinions are NOT necessary and need NOT be widely expressed. These are former MLBers, why not share experiences instead of biased and one sided opinions. Look how much we hate Tim McCarver and Joe Morgan......

The comments of Hernandez are an attempt to set back the female gender 40 years, whether you realize it or want to admit it. Your girlfriend probably doesn't know any better and I'll write it off to ignorance of youth which I see lots of on this board.....

Link to SD story
    Doesn't Keith do color on the games? Doesn't SNY pay him to give his opinion on a daily basis?

Keith just made a crude comment, which we're all guilty of. His mistake was making the comment in front of a microphone connected to the largest sports market in the world. I don't think Keith Hernandez is smart enough to attempt to undermine the entire feminist movement. The feminists themselves have undone most of the work of their predecessors, moreso than a classless ex-jock could do.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Link to SD story
    Sorry bud but they all give their opinions on what should happen during the game and who should pitch and so on. I already said bias is not needed. Setting back the female gender 40 years? Are you ****ing kidding me? How can one be this dumb? You are giving way too much credit to Keith and his 9 second comment. My GF is smarter than all of us here and has her own opinion. I am rpobably older than you are since you live in a van by the river which is a Chris Farley reference. At least my GF has more balls than a bunch a PC bastards like your self which is sad.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    My GF is smarter than all of us here
    I must challenge this point.

After all... she is dating you.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Well you haven't seen my penis and never will.

MLB ERA

Padres

Stooping to personal attacks now are we? Just like yer buddy Hernandez.

You just don't get it and obviously never will. And to think that up to now I liked you and your in your face style and how you give some guys around here the business.

Your brand of personal attacks have no business here nor do they belong in the booth.

You are going to judge me and call me dumb based on a few paragraphs of posts? You have no idea where I stand on the PC issue or how sick of it I also am, just like you.

Here is a judgment for you. This type of baseball mentaility is a contributing factor in diluting the credibility of baseball fans everywhere over the years

MLB ERA

Padres

The latest in the media-hyped story......

From the SD newspaper

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    Kieth Hernandez?!

I DESPISE KIETH HERNANDEZ!!!
    it's good to see the Seinfeld inuendo finally got some attention, even if it was only in the form of rep+
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    The latest in the media-hyped story......

From the SD newspaper
    edit this to take one of the "http://"'s out of the URL. It's because of the http://http:// that it keeps going to microsoft.com for me, vice the page it's meant to.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    You called my GF ingnorant and I started the personal attacks? ****ing Classic!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    Kieth Hernandez?!

I DESPISE KIETH HERNANDEZ!!!
    Exactly what I thought of!

Keith - Elaine. you don't know the first thing about first base.
    Elaine - ha ha well I know something about getting to first base. And I know you'll never be there.
    Keith - The way I figure it I've already been there and I plan on rounding second tonight at around eleven o'clock.
    Elaine - I'd watch the third base coach if I were you 'cause I don't think he's
    waving you in.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast