Thread: Morrow hurls solid transition outing

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Article Morrow hurls solid transition outing

SEATTLE -- The conversion of right-hander Brandon Morrow from reliever to starter began Wednesday morning at Triple-A Tacoma, where he pitched 1 2/3 scoreless innings against Albuquerque in a Pacific Coast League game.

He threw 34 pitches, 21 for strikes, and surrendered one hit in his first outing with Tacoma.
    Morrow hurls solid transition outing | Mariners.com: News

He hit consistently 92-93 on the gun and occasionally hit 95 or 97 on some pitches. Morrow had a pitch count of 35 and was under by a pitch or so. I would still be really careful on how to handle the situation. They should have had him down at the same time as Roland-Smith. I listened to his outing on the radio.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Re: Morrow hurls solid transition outing

Sounds like they are going very slow. 35 pitches is a very low start. I think with the season shot like this, it's really not a bad idea. We'll see what the outcome is in the long run, but he will be very beneficial to the rotation, and I think they're going to do it right. Then again, they ruined Felix...
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They didn't ruin Felix by any means of the imagination. I wouldn't know why you would say that. His only DL trip was on a play at the plate. As for the Morrow move, It should have been done much earlier. Why did we need him as the closer?!?!? Its not like we are winning games here. He should have been sent down in June to be used as the starter after the All-Star Break.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He threw one inning (19 pitches) just two days before that, so 35 was really probably all he was set to go.