Thread: Giants Re-sign Huff

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Giants Re-sign Huff

Giants re-signed 1B Aubrey Huff to a two-year, $22 million contract with a club option for 2013.
    Not a bad deal. Huff, 33, registered a solid .290/.385/.506 batting line with a team-leading 26 home runs in 2010 for the Giants, playing a crucial role in the club's run to the World Series title. He will block first base prospect Brandon Belt for the next two seasons, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Belt, 22, will do well with a little more marinating on the farm and Huff should be able to produce consistent power numbers through at least 2012.
    I am glad to have Huff back but not at that price. Huff went from $3 million last year to $11 million annually. He had a great year but don't think he deserved this much of a raise. I like the length of the contract too. Belt all but certain to start out at AAA where he belongs and the chances of re-signing Uribe are all but gone. I understand there was a lot of interest in Huff but don't think the Giants had to go that high to keep him. It will be interesting to see where we go from here.

MLB ERA

Re: Giants Re-sign Huff

Honestly I think he deserved to get paid in the 10-11 mil range, based on his production vs salary from last year. I do agree with the length of the contract though, 2 years with a club option.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

But its not about last year, its about what he will do for us in the future and I doubt he earns this contract.

MLB ERA

Well his contract is based on last year, He's 33, going to be 35-36, I mean its not like he's 40.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

What I meant to say is his contract shouldn't have anything to do with what he made last year. Yes, we got a great deal with Huff's performance but we were the ones willing to pay $3 million when other teams wouldn't. Plus he got his ring. I'd say it was a pretty fair deal.

Give Me Some Wieters
    Rookie ERA

The thing is a contract is about what someone has done in the past. Huff as proved himself not only last year , but he has been productive several other years. I also think he deserves the raise because he not only had the production, but he also was a key power bat that led the Giants to the World Series.

Rookie ERA
    I think he deserved a raise, but $11m is a bit much.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

He definitely earned a raise but two years, $16 million would have been my maximum. We've already paid him for what he did last year. Huff has been inconsistent over the years and I just don't see him earning that money. I liked him a lot last year when I heard we signed him for $3 million. I didn't think he would do as well as he did but did think he would do well. I see him doing well but not what he did last year.