Thread: The Second Half

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Second Half

I see a lot of changes coming in the second half and one of them includes Jason Schmidt, but its not what you think. I see Brian Sabean picking up Schmidt option because there is no one else out there for next year's market.

Kirk Rueter's release would be sad but at the same time a huge relief. He has had a good career in San Fran but he needs to move on. Rueter has already been moved to the pen so its not that hard to believe. He is a FA after this year so maybe someone would trade for him if we ate a lot of money. Hennessey could easily take his spot.

Edgardo Alfonzo could be traded for the right price meaning how much of his salary we eat. Alfonzo will make 7 mil next year but a few teams need help at third. The White Sox and Indians come to mind.

Ray Durham has turned his season around but he too could be traded. Durham is now hitting .284. A team like the Red Sox could take a look.

Bonds and Benitez could make an appearance before the year is done. The new word is that Bonds will be back around mid-August. Benitez could come back around that same time.

They should try their best to trade Grissom, Tucker or Torrealba.

Matheny has 42 RBI and leads all MLB catchers.

Alou has announced half of the starting rotation for the second half. It will be Schmidt, Lowry, then Tomko going against the Dodgers . After that, it is up in the air at this point.

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA
    I kind of hope that San Fran keeps Rueter around for the remainder of the season and he decides to call it a career. It probably won't happen but that's what I would like to see.

And I really can't see Alfonzo getting traded with him still having a year on his contract. It's way too much for the performance.

Rookie ERA

Giants

Well my husband ( who is a Phillies fan) would love to see Fonzi go to Philly.
    Now I like him but if we can get someone decent for him, then why not.
    Also since I live in Philly, Its nice to be able to see them play when we go to the games.
    Love me now or hate me more.