Thread: Giants Re-sign the Retard

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Giants Re-sign the Retard

Giants general manager Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy have been planning for the 2010 season for a while now, even with their own contract situations unresolved.

Both knew their futures with the club would be handled in time. Now, they know they're staying in San Francisco.

Bochy and Sabean each received two-year contract extensions with a club option Tuesday after meeting with managing general partner Bill Neukom. Both men expected to return, but Neukom had said he would wait until the end of the season to make a decision after sitting down to debrief on the year.
    I knew this would happen!! The Giants have a winning season and somehow Bochy gets more credit than deserved. They could have reached the playoffs if it wasn't for his terrible job of putting a team together early in the season and his terrible lineup choices. Those games in April always matter! This was a huge disappointment but it doesn't seem like it is going to change. The Giants are turning things around and Bochy has next to nothing to do with it. ****!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Giants Re-sign the Retard

I am not surprised either. You just hope Sabean is not drinking the koolaid and knows the limitation of Bochy's coaching prowess (ie, he knew it wouldn't play with the media or casual fan who is likely giving him much of the credit for the turnaround.)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sabean didn't have all that much to do with it since he had to have his contract renewed as well. Neukom is banking on better things from Bochy and it simply won't happen. I do like Sabean be brought back since he now has some money to work with and can hopefully work out a deal with Lincecum while obtaining a big bat. Sabean has done well to let others deal with the draft the past few years. The Giants farm system is becoming stacked. That's why things are turning around, not Bochy. Bochy didn't have anything to do with Matt Cain pitching to his potential and Zito turning things around

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I know it wasn't Sabean's call, I just meant that he must have been consulted/asked about it.

Have you heard any grumblings if Lincecum would be willing to sign early to buy out some of his arbitration years?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nothing on the rumor mill yet. All I have heard is that he could be making Ryan Howard money come 2011 so best get a deal done now! With Winn, Johnson and possibly Molina off the books, I think a good deal for both can be achieved.

MLB ERA

When I saw that LTR, I knew you would be pissed man! I'm too, some of his boneheaded decision really pissed me off, and I agree man Giants should have made the playoffs!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Manny Burriss was our Opening Day second baseman

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I just had to check this thread out since I had been away for a while.

Fitting title though for real. Sucks when people are given credit where credit is undo.

MLB ERA

Not really sure how you can say a team's winning season has almost nothing to do with both the manager and the GM. That's a bit of a stretch, no matter what the situation is.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bochy cost them more games than he won for them. That is the situation