Thread: I think I found LTR

MLB ERA

Giants I think I found LTR

Posing as Larry Dobrow on CBSSports.com

Power Rankings: Keep pushing buttons, Bochy, keep things interesting - MLB - CBSSports.com Baseball

That's why I need to view or attend as many Giants games as humanly possible. After watching the team over the last week, I'm convinced that skipper Bruce Bochy is either betting against his own team or suffering from some sort of neurological impairment.

I don't understand the batting orders, which fluctuate wildly from one day to the next and rarely take into account things like on-base percentage. I don't understand his bullpen management, which combines the ride-your-horses sadism of Joe Torre's approach with the I-could-care-less surrender of Lou Piniella's. I really, really, really don't understand the decision to keep the organization's most capable backstop, Buster Posey, stapled to the bench at a time when the Giants lack anything resembling a coherent offense.
    The following verbatim entries come from my hand-scribbled Giants game notes: "Batting order picked out of hat," "Posey blinking out S.O.S. again," "Holy mother of dumb," "13 relievers in a blowout win? Sure, why not." Given how the Giants have outperformed expectations, Bruce Bochy might actually get a few manager-of-the-year votes. This would be as much of a farce as anything we've seen in baseball in several years –- and remember, this is the same collection of voters who gave Justin Morneau an MVP award following a season in which he wasn't one of the top two candidates on his own team.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: I think I found LTR

Not me but from the looks of it he is a smart man just as I am

MLB ERA

His latest on San Fran

Remind me again: Why did Bruce Bochy place Fred Lewis into witness protection a few months back? He isn't exactly an All-Star, but he's the rare Giant who recognizes the importance of getting on base on a more-than-occasional basis ... Tim Lincecum needs a nap. Good thing Bochy had him throw all those extra innings at the end of games the Giants had already won ... If you haven't yet noticed, I believe Bochy should be either indicted or disappeared.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Fred Lewis I understand completely. Sure he knew how to get on base but he didn't know how to put the ball in play with RISP and we found better players who could. No one missed Fred Lewis. As far as Lincecum goes, Lincecum is just fine. He missed one start due to a bad back which had little to do with his "overload". Bochy shouldn't be retained due to the first article, not the second one. Too bad the Giants did so well and now Bochy will get an extension

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

I'm shaking my head at the Braves being ranked higher than the Rockies.

That's OK, we'll comfort ourselves with the knowledge they will be watching us in the playoffs.