1. Winn-RF
    2. Renteria-SS
    3. Sandoval-3B
    4. Molina-C
    5. Lewis-LF
    6. Rowand-CF
    7. Ishikawa
    8. Frandsen/Burriss

Bochy is ****ing retarded!!! Did he not see how many times Molina costs us runs from hitting in front of Rowand last year?? Molina would hit his single and then Rowand would hit one of his many doubles and Molina would have to stop at third because he is too ****ing slow to score. Molina in the cleanup spot costs the Giants a lot of runs. Molina should be hitting 5th or 6th just somewhere lower in the lineup where he speed won't kill scoring opportunities. Molina would still have his RBI chances. Rowand has much more speed and can drive the ball too. And can we really rely on Sandoval so much to bat him third? And I am not comfortable with Lewis being handed the LF job. I think Shierholtz can win the job but for now Lewis does have the leg up.

Here would be my lineup:

1. Winn
    2. Renteria
    3. Sandoval
    4. Rowand
    5. Ishikawa
    6. Molina
    7. Lewis
    8. Frandsen

Giants would have a nice lefty-righty balance and Rowand would have better protection in the lineup. Molina would still be in a good RBI spot withut his speed getting in the way. The Giants need a big bat to ensure Molina will be out of the cleaup spot for good.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Bochy's Lineup For '09

I love this:

Giants manager Bruce Bochy has Pablo Sandoval penciled into the third spot in his current lineup.
    Bochy is looking at a lineup of: RF Randy Winn, SS Edgar Renteria, 3B Sandoval, C Bengie Molina, LF Fred Lewis, CF Aaron Rowand, 1B Travis Ishikawa and the second baseman (Kevin Frandsen, Emmanuel Burriss or Eugenio Velez). Renteria will help, but that'd still be the worst lineup in the NL, and we still have a hard time seeing what it is that Ishikawa did to get penciled in over John Bowker or Nate Schierholtz, who clearly deserves a shot at first base if the Giants aren't going to make room for him in the outfield.
    Really? You didn't see why Ishikawa is a far better choice than John "Swing at the first pitch" Bowker?? It might be because Ishikawa is a much better hitter and far better fielder!! Bowker needs to stay at AAA until he gets a better approach at the plate.

AAA ERA

To be honest I do not have much use for Ishikawa either.
    "Better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Ishikawa is our best option right now. He is ten times better than Bowker and has proven he can hit ML pitching. If we can get a clear upgrade like Raul Ibanez then great but till then Travis is our best first baseman.