Thread: Zito's Mother Passes Away

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Zito's Mother Passes Away

Roberta Jean Rosser Zito, the mother of Giants left-hander Barry Zito, died Thursday in Los Angeles at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. She was 65.

Funeral services are pending, said a spokesperson for Zito.

Zito shared a strong bond with his mother. Roberta said in a 2002 interview with MLB.com, "I would describe our relationship as very special and very different because of Barry's particular nature. His complete self-acceptance and the freedom he gives himself to just be himself has always surprised me.

"[The] only thing that's changed is I just don't see him as much. But we still talk all the time, and sometimes he'll call in the middle of night just to ask for prayer. Our relationship is still very special and open. He doesn't consider me an authoritarian, but more of a friend."
    Tough stuff for anyone especially for a lady who wasn't all that old. 65 is when you should be retiring, not dying. I wish the Zito family all the best and hope this can be a positive force in Zito rising back to star level.

MLB ERA

Re: Zito's Mother Passes Away

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Tough stuff for anyone especially for a lady who wasn't all that old. 65 is when you should be retiring, not dying. I wish the Zito family all the best and hope this can be a positive force in Zito rising back to star level.
    You stole the words out of my mouth bro, and my condolences to the Zito and his family.