Thread: Sandoval Is Our Man

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Sandoval Is Our Man

According to the San Jose Mercury News, Giants GM Brian Sabean said this week that he sees Pablo Sandoval playing third base next season.
    That's a change from the end of the year, when Sabean stated that he had Sandoval penciled in at first base. The Giants are likely to add a regular infielder this winter, and they have plenty of flexibility. If it's a third baseman, Sandoval can move back to first. Rafael Furcal at shortstop might be their dream scenario, and that would involve Emmanuel Burriss moving to second base.
    With the lack of any good options at third, Sabean has just decided to pencil Sandoval in at third. Sandoval had an amazing '08 season in both the Minors and Majors. The 21 year old hit .359 in high A ball, .337 in AA and .345 in 145 ABs at the big league level. Sandoval had a combined 23 HRs last season too. Sandoval hit better last year while playing third than he did playing first. This must have played into Sabean's decision. Sandoval is tearing it up in the Arizona Fall League as we speak hitting over .400 with 4 HRs. Joe Crede and Casey Blake were options but Blake is old and Crede is no better than Pedro Feliz. Sabean needs to concentrate on getting either Furcal or Hudson, a first baseman and bullpen help.

MLB ERA

Re: Sandoval Is Our Man

You think Texiera might be a good option to look at? Or you Giants won't spend that much money on a batter?

I would love to have Tex/Sandoval at 1b, Burriss/Frandsen split time at 2b, Furcal at SS, Sandoval/Frandsen at 3B.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants are said to only have $20 million to spend this offseason. Teixeira would cost more than that a year. Giants can get someone like Furcal or Hudson off the market along with some relievers. Anything real big will have to come via trade.

MLB ERA

I love Sandoval.

I could see you guys definitely getting Furcal...I think he'd be a good fit for you too

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I hate to say it, but that bowling ball can flat out hit. I like my team's chances against the Giants when Bochy decides instead to go with John Bowker or Travis-san in the lineup.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Ishikawa showed he can hit last year actually while Bowker showed he cannot hit at the MLB level yet. Plus Josh Phelps was signed to a minor league contract. I guess what I am trying to say is Bochy sucks assholes and I don't want Bowker at all.