Thread: Delmon Young?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Delmon Young?

The St. Pioneer Prees speculates that the Twins may talk to the Giants about Delmon Young.
    Minnesota will have a very crowded outfield next season and dealing either Young or Michael Cuddyer likely makes the most sense. Given that the Twins gave up Matt Garza and Jason Bartlett to get Young, their asking price figures to remain plenty high even after his disappointing sophomore campaign.
    Delmon Young is a good hitter but he is not the type of the player the Giants need. The Giants have a crowded outfield as well and Young isn't much of an upgrade. He has a bad attitude and his career high in HRs is 13 which came two seasons ago. The Giants need a real upgrade in the power department if it is to move Lewis, Rowand or Winn out of a starting spot.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Delmon Young?

He's still kind of a young player....and everyone in Minnesota said that when he came to the Twins, he didn't bring his poor attitude with him.

They lost a bit in the trade for this guy, I don't see them dealing him so soon.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I have heard that he did bring that bad attitude to Minnesota.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I've heard and read (sorry, no sources but I can find them if you need them) that he was a different person than what he was known for in Tampa.

Maybe they just lied, I dunno. But even Gardy himself said that Delmon told him he changed, being in Minnesota gave him an opportunity to leave that past behind him and start over.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

He sure as hell didn't bring his bat there.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by henks View Post
    I've heard and read (sorry, no sources but I can find them if you need them) that he was a different person than what he was known for in Tampa.

Maybe they just lied, I dunno. But even Gardy himself said that Delmon told him he changed, being in Minnesota gave him an opportunity to leave that past behind him and start over.
    I read that the reason Young got off to such a horrid start was that he could not get along with anyone and would not listen to coaches. Then he said **** it and starting hitting again. All I know is that the Rays are doing well without trouble makers like Young and Elijah Dukes. Either way I don't want Young on the Giants

MLB ERA

I had a chance to talk to Delmon for a few minutes last summer and he seemed really gracious and willing to talk to fans. That was one of the knocks on him in the Rays organization. He was pretty high on himself.
    As to the price for Young, maybe if the Giants would take Bonser back, the Twins would trade them both for Angel Villalona and Madison Bumgarner.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Very funny Catman. Young and Bonser aren't worth a Bumgarner alone.

AAA ERA

Delmon Young would not bring anything to the Giants that I see as a positive. I would rather go with the outfield we have than add this bum.

No to Delmon Young!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah we already have a guy who can hit .290 with 13 HRS and that's Randy Winn. I see no upgrade.