Thread: The Workhorse is Gone

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Workhorse is Gone

Jim Brower was given his outright release after the Giants were swept by the Indians. Brower has been great for us over the past few seasons. He has had key games that left us in the playoffs contention whether it be as a spot starter, long relief, or even closer. Brower just didn't get the job done this year. He walked alot of guys and his arm just looked tired. He needed to go. Foppert was called up to replce Brower's roster spot. Foppert's first game will be against Johan Santana and the Twins. Yippee!

A couple fo days before Brower's release, Al Levine was sent down to Triple A and Jack Taschner was called up from Fresno. He's a nice lefty who went 2-0 with three saves and an 0.95 ERA in Triple A. He pitched a scoreless inning in his debut. The Giants are only 4 games better than the Rockies

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Does Foppert still throw his fastball in the mid-90s?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    He sure does. I also forgot to mention that Alfonzo hurt his quad. If he goes on the DL, expect another pitcher or Todd Linden.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I've always beena big Jesse Foppert fan, and I don't know why (always dreamed of the Reds snagging him during his rehab). The kid has electric stuff and I have always rooted for a big comeback from him so good luck to him and the Giants tomorrow.

As for Brower, anything wrong with him do you think? If he is healthy, I wouldn't mind giving him a look, I always enjoyed watching him pitch with the Reds.

AA ERA
    Tis quite wierd to call up a guy from A ball. Anything special there or just a guy they want to give a quick look at?
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Foppert isn't from A ball.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    He was only in A ball because its closer to San Fran. Less of a flight for him. As for Brower, I just think his arm might be tired. A week off or so should do him some good.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Foppert isn't from A ball.
    Ehhh was totally confused there. Some kid got called up from A ball somewhere and thought he was Taschner for a minute. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    He was only in A ball because its closer to San Fran. Less of a flight for him. As for Brower, I just think his arm might be tired. A week off or so should do him some good.
    Edit-That would explain things. Thanks.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle