Thread: Bumgarner Is Part Of The Future

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Bumgarner Is Part Of The Future

Bumgarner fans 12 in 13th Class A win | SFGiants.com: News

Bumgarner (13-3) struck out a career-high 12 and allowed two hits over six innings Friday as the Augusta GreenJackets blanked the Lexington Legends, 6-0, at Lake Olmstead Stadium.

Friday's gem was the fourth straight scoreless outing for the 18-year-old left-hander.

It's been a breakout rookie season for Bumgarner, the 10th overall pick by San Francisco in the 2007 First-Year Player Draft. He's leads the South Atlantic League with 145 strikeouts and a 1.52 ERA and is tied with Kannapolis' Levi Maxwell for most wins.
    The Giants have set themselves up to be a damn good team in a few years if everything goes right. Bumgarner whose name I am sure to screw up many times, is having a great start as is Tim Alderson. Alderson was taken in the same draft. Hopefully Bumgarner can keep it up and climb through the ranks. Giants have had problems in the past with their "can't miss" prospects like Lance Niekro and Todd Linden. They were position players I know but its still a worry. Keep your eyes on Bumgarner because I think he can be something special and help the Giants in the long run. Giants have good arms and now have good position players to go with it finally.

MLB ERA

Re: Bumgarner Is Part Of The Future

I heard about Bumgarner on the "The Drive" fox radio with Chris Myers, he was at August and he was talking to the play by play announcers of the Augusta A team and he asked who to watch for in the future, the guy said last year he saw Velez, and this year he said Bumgarner.