Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giants@Florida 5/23-5/25

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Giants@Florida 5/23-5/25

Haha it did make sense but was extremely oxymoron. Bochy isn't in hot water with the management, but there's a lot of reporters out west who are starting to question his leadership ability. Righetti under fire? Haven't heard that one...most of the time it's Bochy or occasionally Lansford. And of course Mr. Sabean.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I read the SF newspapers everyday and there hasn't been too much or hardly enough Bochy talk. I say Righetti because these pitchers are walking way too many people and are not going deep into games. There hasn't been any improvement over the past couple of seasons in that regard so that's why I said that. I love Righetti but things have to change. This is Lansford's first year and wasn;t the right choice to begin with. I mean he has experience doing it and is a name in the Bay area but I thought they could have done better.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hhhmmm must be a different paper because there was an article about him on Saturday. Funny, there was an article today in the CCC Times about how well of a job Righetti was doing with the young pitchers and how well he was moderating them and not letting them over work themselves. But to each his own opinion.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah he doesn't let them overwork themselves meaning they are out in the 5th or 6th innings due to a high pitch count. Lincecum, Cain, Zito and Sanchez all have problems with throwing strikes consistently. I haven't seen much improvement over the past two seasons. Again I like Righetti but would like to see better results.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123