Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants@Florida 5/23-5/25

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Giants@Florida 5/23-5/25

4-2 Giants after a good display of small ball. Lewis stole second and scored off of a Durham single. Molina singles...again with Durham running on the pitch and got to third. Rowand then singled Durham in. Timely hitting and good baserunning is what I like to see. Well I take that back. Molina failed to tag on another deep fly ball.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

God-mother ****ing-damnit!!!! The bullpen blows another win for Cain as it is now tied 4-4 in the 7th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yabu, Taschner and Walker all combined to blow balls!!! Why do they hate Cain so much?!?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

A hit and run in the 9th was perfectly failed. Burriss got a terrible jump and Lewis did not hit the ball. Way to take advantage of a leadoff walk

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Walker gives up a leadoff double in the 9th. Not looking good at all. Giants should have won this series

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Wilson comes in and gets two outs!! One more!!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Wilson walks the bases loaded for Uggla

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Marlins win and Uggla stays red hot. Matt Cain should be get gold watches from his bullpen!!!!

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Why do they hate Cain so much?!?
    I've been asking myself the same question. This has got to be killing him. To have a young pitcher go out and throw a solid six innings and then get a ND must wreak havoc in this guy's mind. I thought for sure the Giants would get atleast one game, but Misch struggled and the bullpen lost it. Bummer of a series.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Oh they got one game but just not today Yet another one run loss for the Giants. I admire Cain for never talking shit about his teammates but just once I would like hear that he did rip them a new ass behind closed doors where it belongs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I know they won one game. I was referring to winning one game of the doubleheader. I don't think that Cain will ever call out his teammates. He's got too much poise and class, but if he ever did the media would rip him apart if they ever found out. And I don't think the Giants want any more negative media attention.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I don't see how the media could rip him if he didn't do it towards the meeting. If it leaked out that he went apeshit on his teammates for continuing to blow games in which he pitched, how could they blame him. But I do agree that he is too classy for that and would never do it. Maybe Bochy could grow a pair and do it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I dunno maybe my thinking is too old-fashioned, but it would seem wrong for a young guy who doens't have very many seasons under his belt to go smack-talk his teammates. Although I do admit he does have a valid reason to do so if he so wishes. As for Bochy...it'd probably be good if he did. Light a fire under his team's ass to get them going.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah you have a point. Bochy, Righetti or Gardner have to do something because they are straight killing Cain's starts. Cain best not have a clause in his contract where he gets so much money if he gets a certain amount of wins, like a bonus because he would be ****ed.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah that would suck sooooo bad if he got a bonus if he won like 15 games. Almost all his starts have been quality ones, unfortunately he has nothing to show for it. If Bochy can't address his team and straighten things out, then he's in hot water. Maybe a veteran player can step up and put things back in order. It's sure helped the A's a lot.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I wish Bochy was in hot water but no one is putting to fire to him. (did that even make sense?) Vizquel is the clubhouse leader and think he is too nice and classy himself to say anything. Zito is the oldest of the pitchers and suffers from lack of run support too so maybe he could address the pitching. Bochy and sadly Righetti might be under fire.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast