Thread: SI has the Giants finishing last

MLB ERA

SI has the Giants finishing last

SI.com - 2007 MLB Scouting Reports

This is ****ing hilarious I swear!

MLB ERA
    They also have the Diamondbacks finishing 2nd. I wouldn't trust SI's rankings.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    They also have the Braves as 2nd in the NL East and I really believe they will take back the division. I don't believe in the rankings because anything can and will happen.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

AA ERA
    I don't know about last, but I don't see any reason they'll do too great. Offense isn't very good, pitching staff has a lot of question marks.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Pitching staff is solid, Zitto, Cain, Morris, Lowry, and Ortiz.

Lineup, we have Vizquel and Roberts leading off, great OBS guys, with Bonds, Durham, Klesko and Aurilla to follow, I think were gota solid team, a team that can compete for the Division.

AA ERA
    I'll give you Zito and Cain.. but Morris was 10-15 with a 4.98 ERA, Lowry was 7-10 witha 4.74 ERA. Ortiz was 0-8 with an 8.14 ERA. Not exactly solid numbers there. I've never been a big fan of Armando Benitez in the pen, even if he has looked good this spring.

Lineup wise... Roberts and Vizquel are decent, but nothing spectacular to lead off. Vizquel is getting old too. Roberts in his best year so far only scored 80 runs and had an OBP of .360. Bonds and Durham are solid. 2 of Klesko's last 3 years were right around .250. Not sure how much you can count on him for. Aurilla really picked it up the last two years in Cincinnati, but on a much weaker offensive team how will he preform?

I just don't see it as all the strong of a lineup. Maybe the West is weak enough that they could compete for a division title, but I don't see it.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    Pitching staff is solid, Zitto, Cain, Morris, Lowry, and Ortiz.

Lineup, we have Vizquel and Roberts leading off, great OBS guys, with Bonds, Durham, Klesko and Aurilla to follow, I think were gota solid team, a team that can compete for the Division.
    did you include Klesko in this post with a straight face?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Morris and Lowry were both injured last year, there both healthy. Ortiz has had a good spring and earned the 5th spot in the rotation, yeah I know his numbers outside of SF, with ATL(just his 1st year) and AZ havent been great, but you can even ask LTR that I been saying since last year that if Ortiz comes to SF he can possibly ressurect his career.

Also Klesko was hitting at Petco, not a hitter friendly park, I dont have his numbers with me, but I'm going to guess that his numbers are better outside of Petco compare to at Petco, also a change of venue could help him psychologicaly aswell, also Vizquel might be getting old based on his age, but he still wins Gold gloves, he also hit .295, he hasn't shown any sign of age IMO.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    A lot of people picked the Giants to finish last but I can't see it. The Rockies have no rotation and the DBacks are very young and no bullpen. Padres and Dodgers have the best shot but both have just as weak offenses as the Giants. The Giants have more speed, more depth and more importantly no Alou. Vizquel is another year older and still one of the top SS's in the NL and a great #2 hitter. Bonds moving to the #3 spot in the order should help. Linden, Frandsen, Aurilia and Klesko will provide people to get much needed rest. I see the Giants finishing third but staying close til the final weeks.