Thread: Hennessey: In or Out?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hennessey: In or Out?

Does Brad Hennessey belong in our rotation or not? I believe he does at this point. The Giants are struggling and the main reason is the offense, but we can get better pitching-wise. Jamey Wright has done better than his numbers show but it might be time for him to go to the pen for a while and let Hennessey join the rotation. Hennessey has only given up 4 runs once this year and he has been brilliant in the pen. Brad has been the long relief man and has a .93 ERA in the month of June. This shakes things up a bit and hopefully gets us some wins. Morris has been pitching better lately and we know Cain is going to the pen. Lowry hasn't been striking out people like he has been capable of doing. Hennessey needs to be pitching more innings and starting games. With Sanchez and Kline pitching like they are, Hennessey and Wright are able to make the switch without really hurting the bullpen.

AA ERA
    Yeah, I'd like to see Hennessey go back into the #5 spot in the rotation, like he was last season.....but I don't know if they'll make that move as of right now. But keep in the pen b/c he's doing real good.