Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Giants / Marlins

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Too many? Its a man on one leg who we need more than anyone and the other you were just complaining about looking tired...in June.

AAA ERA
    Reefer you have gone mad!

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Too many? Its a man on one leg who we need more than anyone and the other you were just complaining about looking tired...in June.
    So what? He's a big boy. He needs to step up and produce and not look tired. It's early. Only June. Plenty of time to rest later when the team is leading the West by 10 games.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Winn played in the most games of any Giant along with Vizquel. Even Albert Pujols takes days off! Rest them now so they can save something so a lousy three game losing streak doesn't turn into a 10.

: Barry Bonds was out of the starting lineup for the second straight game Wednesday, while -- as expected -- outfielder Randy Winn also had a day of much-needed rest.

Winn is 0-for-17 overall and hasn't had a hit in his last four contests. In his previous six games, he is only 2-for-25 (.080).

Bonds, still available for pinch-hitting, is expected to start Friday's game in New York vs. the Mets.

"I ask Pedro [Feliz] if he wanted a day off but he resisted it a little bit," said Alou. "And with Schmitty [Jason Schmidt] pitching, I want the best defensive guys on the field."

Jason Ellison started in place of Bonds in left field Wednesday, marking only his second start. Ellison is batting .238 and has only one hit in his last 11 at-bats.

Center fielder Steve Finley started in the finale at Dolphin Stadium and isn't expected to play Friday in New York following Thursday's off-day.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I missed why Matheny had to leave the game but he has. Greene has taken over!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Back to things that matter, Giants are up 5-1 in the 8th thanks to a Jason Ellison homer in the 7th and another RBI from Durham.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Giants pitchers are leading the Major Leagues in innings pitched and ERA since May 9. It just got a little better with another great job from Schimdt. Accardo also looked very sharp!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Giants beat the Marlins to avoid the sweep as the beat up on the Marlins pitching by getting 12 hits and scoring 6. Giants did very well against the Marlins best pitcher so far this year in Josh Johnson. Giants had 7 hits and 3 earned runs off Johnson. The veterans like Vizquel, Finley and Durham stepped up tonight and did it right. Ellison finally gets a start and goes 2-4 and hits his first homer of the year. Durham was 2-4 with 2 RBI as he continues to get better after his stint on the DL. Finley finally hit another homerun as that's just his 2nd of the year. Schmidt pitched great but they are saying he was pulled due to a minor injury. Alou did something right and gave Benitez more worn as he had a scoreless 9th. Good win as they have tomorrow night off.

MLB ERA
    Age finally catching up with a few Giants players?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    Age finally catching up with a few Giants players?
    I'd say one in particular.

MLB ERA
    I'd say one in particular.
    Matheny and Schmidt

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    Matheny and Schmidt
    OOOh I see what you mean. I don't know yet. They are saying he left with a leg injury but doesn't look serious. If its the groin, then its time to worry. Same with Matheny. We have to wait and see what is wrong.

Reefer...with all due respect, I think the point here is that Bear said that it was time to agree to disagree. From where I sit you continued to try and prove your point over and over. Nobody likes to be badgered after trying to break off an argument or debate that seems to have no end in sight. Do what you want but really I think you are as guilty of the way this escalated as anyone. Again, I say this will all due respect...just some food for thought. When people ask me to agree to disagree it sends a clear message that they are ready to move on and generally speaking I oblige.

I'm just sayin'.

SFK

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I have clearly said I was at fault as well. We were acting in the same light. I kept pushing it for an expanition which we never got. He kept saying that his reaction was to how the Giants have played in the last ten games which wasn't true. He had no problems during the Rockies series and in a five hour span, he flip flopped! We both were at fault and I am ending it. I have deleted my threads as well. I even went as far as to send him an email titled "This needs to stop". Like I said, these too will be deleted as soon as Bear has time to read.

Does anyone have anything to say about the game?

I have clearly said I was at fault as well. We were acting in the same light. That's why I have deleted my threads as well. I even went as far as to send him an email titled "This needs to stop".
    OK then. Let's all bury the hatchet and get on with the season.

Does anyone have anything to say about the game?
    Well we won. That's a positive. I'm happy about that. But I still have major concerns about the ability of this team to be more than a .500 ball club over the long haul. Hell we could even win the West with a little luck. Unfortunately after all these years, that's like kissing your sister. Getting destroyed in the first round of the playoffs is not MY idea of a successful season. In any event I doubt we're gonna have to worry about that.

At this point all I can say is Go Giants -- beat the Mets!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast