Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Giants / Marlins

AAA ERA
    I do not think Bonds will play today but since he missed yesterday who knows!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    We have NO hope! Just the hope we get needed time this season to develop new talent for the future. Also get some young players to develop for the vets we can no longer use. Lets hope the Giants see the writing on the wall. JMO
    We are already doing this if you look at our bullpen and the other callups we have made like Frandsen. Age is not a problem as our old guys are doing well. Vizquel is playing like he is 30 and Finley is doing great. Look what Alou was doing before he got hurt. You guys keep complaining about an inconsistent offense. This is Alou's fault!!!! When you don't have a set lineup and guys don't know their roles, this is exactly what is going to happen. One day Feliz is hitting third and the next he is 8th. This is doing no one any good especially the team. Hell even our younger guys like Niekro and Feliz aren't doing well so to say its age is misleading.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    I do not think Bonds will play today but since he missed yesterday who knows!
    I have two sources that say different things. It might be a game time decision but he did have yesterday off and will have Thursday off as well. Maybe he will get a three day rest! Winn is alos going to be out!

AAA ERA
    This is a problem that seems to plague Alou! He has never heard of resting starters on different days. Resting 2,3 or 4 starters on the same day makes no sense to me. JMO

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Winn needs a couple of days off as does Vizquel, but Vizquel is our best hitter and will have to settle for just one day off. He will need to get more rest because I don't want to see him burn out like he did last year.

AAA ERA
    I have no problem with days off just not everybody at the same time. JMO

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I do want Ellison more playing time! Why else is this guy on the roster?

AAA ERA
    At this moment, Alou has said to "be Barry's caddie"!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Bonds is not in the lineup and Ellison is in RF. Giants are up 3-0 in the 4th because of a Finley 2 run blast and a RBI single from Durham. That homerun was #299 for Finley!

Yeah I don't like how Alou seems to think EVERYBODY needs to rest on the same day.

It seems obvious that in the Gaints' sitaution that is the kiss of death!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I don't mind Alou resting two guys when Schmidt is on the mound. Jason has 9 strikeouts in 5 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    I don't mind Alou resting two guys when Schmidt is on the mound. Jason has 9 strikeouts in 5 innings.
    But why? Maybe we could win a ball game with Jason pitching. Instead we weaken the lineup and Schmidt gets beat 2-1. Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Winn was one of those guys you were complaining about that looked tired. Why not rest him and put some fresh legs behind our best pitcher? Same for Bonds!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    3-1 now after a sac fly after another triple from Ramirez. That kid is going to be something!

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Winn was one of those guys you were complaining about that looked tired. Why not rest him and put some fresh legs behind our best pitcher? Same for Bonds!
    Gotta pick your spots. In the middle of a three games losing streak, on the road I don't think that is the time to rest too many of your stars -- -especially in June.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast