Thread: Giants Turn Up Heat On Hudson

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Giants Turn Up Heat On Hudson

Giants heighten interest in Hudson | SFGiants.com: News

Hudson plays one of several positions where the Giants seek an offensive upgrade. Their second basemen ranked last in the National League with five home runs, 14th with 78 runs and 12th with a .707 OPS (on-base percentage plus slugging).

Hudson, who earned $6.25 million last season, is a Type A free agent, which would require the Giants to surrender their second-round selection in June's First-Year Player Draft to the D-backs.
    I have always preferred Hudson over Furcal because of his defense and the fact that I think Burriss is a better SS than 2B. The Giants did not **** around with Affeldt and I hope they don't with Hudson. Affeldt admitted that Sabean's no bullshit approach was one of the reasons he signed so fast. Furcal is now asking for a four year deal and I think Hudson will come cheaper in both years and salary than that of Furcal. Frandsen can become the utility infielder which might do him some good coming off the Achilles injury. Giants would be losing a Gold Glover at SS (Vizquel) and gaining one at second.

MLB ERA

Re: Giants Turn Up Heat On Hudson

Hudson's gonna want a nice 3-4 yr deal too, and he's gonna want a raise. It could happen, but it won't be too cheap either.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

He will get his raise but don't see it being that much since he has missed significant time the past two seasons. Giants are rumored to be after Sabathia and Manny so I think they can at least meet Hudson's demands.

MLB ERA

Well, if they really have interest in CC or Manny, can they afford to give Hudson a raise and still go after one of those guys? I mean, I think the Giants have a good shot to get him, but it's also a matter of if Hudson is interested in going there, and how much he'll demand.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think the Giants are just trying to drive up the price to screw with the Dodgers. Apparently the Giants are ready to offer Sabathia a $100 million+ contract. If Hudson is signed first, that offer will most likely be pulled. Hudson shouldn't make more than $9 million per year which is very affordable.