Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: This & That

Yeah and I have been thinking about it a lot lately.

Look at the Royals. It couldn't get that bad could it?

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Kid
    We all do. Who brought this up anyway? 666?
    Hey i was just comparing their swings.........how they swing a crap all the time...........and that's it..................so back off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AA ERA
    Yeah and I have been thinking about it a lot lately.

Look at the Royals. It couldn't get that bad could it?
    No it can't.................cause we'll have money.

AAA ERA
    Money with no brains means nothing!

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Money with no brains means nothing!
    Sabean has brains..............he'll spend the money wisely. He won't just throw money away.

AAA ERA
    The truth is they don't give him enough to spend!

AA ERA
    Well.............The Giants have money...........we have an 85 mill pay roll...........but when Bonds leaves..........that's 20 mil to spread around and plus Durham's and Alou's 6 mill, so that's 32 mill will have to spread.............oh yeah and Schmidt's 10 mill so that's 42 mill will have.............no worry's.................oh yeah and Finley's 7 mill...........so that;s 47 mill................................no worry's Bear.........it's all good.

AAA ERA
    So you ar saying all these guys are leaving at once. Oh and by the way the guys who stay will not geta raise! Get a clue. If you believe that do I have some land to sell you.

AA ERA
    So you ar saying all these guys are leaving at once. Oh and by the way the guys who stay will not geta raise! Get a clue. If you believe that do I have some land to sell you.
    All on the last year's of their contracts

AA ERA
    The only one's that would comeback would be .............Bonds and that be 1-year deal at the same salary.............so 27 mill.............and maybe Schmidt but at alot less than what he's making now..............so i'd say if i had to guess we'll be in good shape for money in the offseason............like i said no worry

AAA ERA
    First off because their contracts end does not mean they will not resign. In some cases the Giants may want them back. Second the remaing players will want more money then they get today. Schmidt may be resigned at more money if he keeps pitching the way he is right now. So in late May it might be a little early to be saying the things you are today!

$85 Million payroll? That's chump change. Hell even the Mainers have a $90+ Million payroll and look at them. Garbage.

Baseball is screwed up in that regard. Owning a MLB teams isn't a fun thing IMO. It's all about money. Winnning is very very difficult. These owners didn't get where they are by pissing money awya on a whim (sans George).

AA ERA
    First off because their contracts end does not mean they will not resign. In some cases the Giants may want them back. Second the remaing players will want more money then they get today. Schmidt may be resigned at more money if he keeps pitching the way he is right now. So in late May it might be a little early to be saying the things you are today!
    If you would read my earlier post............the only ones that would be re-signed would be Bonds and Schmidt......and there's no way Schmidty is going to have a salary at 11 mill a year if he gets re-signed. The rest of those players won't be back...............So like i said we'll have over or close to 20 mill to spend in the off-season.

AA ERA
    $85 Million payroll? That's chump change. Hell even the Mainers have a $90+ Million payroll and look at them. Garbage.
    We have the 11th highest payroll baseball................85mil is not chump change.

AAA ERA
    85mil is chump change in the major leagues except to a chump! Get a clue,
    85mil gets you to the point that we are at, and thats not a championship. If you are happy at .500 fine, I am not!

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast