Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chargers thread

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Merriman pops for Roids .......... I say he serves his suspension and if he pops again, he's banned from the NFL for life..... sad because I love that guy
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Merriman pops for Roids .......... I say he serves his suspension and if he pops again, he's banned from the NFL for life..... sad because I love that guy
    I say cut him from the team and make a goddamn statement. The last thing in the world I'd ever want to be known as is a team similar to the Broncos, Eagles, or Cowboys in that they could care less about good people as long as tey win.

We have an assembly of drug dealers, wife ebaters, drunks, and roiders. Awesome.

MLB ERA
    I'm willing to give him one chance to make amends.......ONE.......fail again and the NFL should ban him......the Chargers shouldn't have to suffer if he goes to play for someone else.......

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    I say cut him from the team and make a goddamn statement. The last thing in the world I'd ever want to be known as is a team similar to the Broncos, Eagles, or Cowboys in that they could care less about good people as long as tey win.

We have an assembly of drug dealers, wife ebaters, drunks, and roiders. Awesome.
    Luis Castillo popped once as well, should they cut him and make a similar statement?

Give the guy one chance. If he doesn't learn his lesson and does it again, then cut him.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    Luis Castillo popped once as well, should they cut him and make a similar statement?

Give the guy one chance. If he doesn't learn his lesson and does it again, then cut him.
    Castillo did it while not amidst a normal season and apologzed. Merriman did it amidst claiming to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, knowing the ultra selfish results that would come of him getting caught.

Oh yeah, and he's also denying it. I don't like liars and I don't like selfish people.

MLB ERA
    Castillo did it while not amidst a normal season and apologzed. Merriman did it amidst claiming to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, knowing the ultra selfish results that would come of him getting caught.
    So it's ok to do steroids as long as it's not durring the season?

Oh yeah, and he's also denying it. I don't like liars and I don't like selfish people.
    Guilty until proven innocent, eh?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    So it's ok to do steroids as long as it's not durring the season?

Guilty until proven innocent, eh?
    No, it is never OK, but it is forgivable if it is admitted and apologized for. However, either way, it is much worse to do it during a season when the team is relying on you to suit up and help each weekend, especially when nobody is sitting on the bench simply waiting for someone to get popped for roids so they can fill in.

I don't even know why we're debating this. It's clear: Merriman is in trouble for steroids and is denying; needless to say, I am NOT a hypocrite and would never criticize Barroid for doing the same thing and relieve Merriman of my similar hatred. If Merriman wants to fess up, perhaps I'll forgive him, and certainly I wouldn't want him off the team. But as of right now, I could care as much for him as I do for Barroid Bonds, and you, my friend, know how extreme that is.

EDIT= I am in no way going to believe that someone spiked his tests or something; he's stating he didn't know, and I'm stating that I don't believe him.

MLB ERA
    If Merriman looked like Kasim Osgood when he entered the league, and upon his 30th b-day showed up at training camp looking more like Lou Ferrigno, and instantly started sacking the QB 10x's a game without effort, I'd say we are talking about the same thing.....

And I agree that this should be delt with harshly if proven that it was roids....If you scroll up you'll see that I said he needs to man-up and serve his suspension if guilty and if he pops again, he should be booted from the NFL, not kicked off our team.......I don't think he deserves to play in the NFL.....but if the NFL isn't going to step in and ban him, we might as well be the team that gains from his skills.....this isn't MLB, it's the NFL.....not the same thing by a DAMN long shot.......Sad but very true !!!

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    If Merriman looked like Kasim Osgood when he entered the league, and upon his 30th b-day showed up at training camp looking more like Lou Ferrigno, and instantly started sacking the QB 10x's a game without effort, I'd say we are talking about the same thing.....

And I agree that this should be delt with harshly if proven that it was roids....If you scroll up you'll see that I said he needs to man-up and serve his suspension if guilty and if he pops again, he should be booted from the NFL, not kicked off our team.......I don't think he deserves to play in the NFL.....but if the NFL isn't going to step in and ban him, we might as well be the team that gains from his skills.....this isn't MLB, it's the NFL.....not the same thing by a DAMN long shot.......Sad but very true !!!
    It has been rumored that he's been roiding long before he was ever a San Diego Charger.

For his benefit, I will admit that Igor Olshansky's defense of him really made me second guess if he actually did do them unknowingly or not, but only because Igor is such a stand up, intelligent man, not because Merriman is either.

Igor said that once he took fruit lactose pills after asking the league if it was OK (they approved), and was told a week later that he should NOT be taking them, thus making him come very close to testing positive for "steroids" (which he went on to say sounds much worse than it is, because any combination of pills can be labeled as a steroid).

MLB ERA
    Yup.......and where football is concerned, I have to admit I could care less.....it's a gladiator league......biggest, fastest, strongest, kill kill kill....this isn't baseball.....it's football.....where if you come close to killing someone you're considered a hero....

As of now, he took supplements, and something in them made him pop.....if it comes out that this isn't true and they are anabolic steroids.....suspend him, if it happens again.......ban him !!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Philip Rivers is on PTI in a couple of minutes. Tune in.

MLB ERA
    Missing Brees......but loving Rivers

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Chargers QB situation

shoulda kept Brees

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Boy, quick to jump off the bandwagon aren't we?
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA

Brees with that OLine yesterday = brutal also.......

No running game...........no run defense........no tackling.........no pass protection........no way you win........

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast