Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So maybe it wasn't so bad?

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: So maybe it wasn't so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Not really saying much.

I expect Jake to bounce out of it.
    It's a helluva confused person that cries when the guy on the mound we got is doing better and having more success than the guy we traded ....then cry that they don't think they got a good deal in the trade to begin with........THEN live in hindsight as if that's a good perch to be hanging out on......

Salary Dump ? Wow isn't that the convenient thing to say ......again the guys we got in return are having more success, with others still on the way up who could make this even more lopsided......that is known as good business for those still sporting redass......

So for the extremely slow......greater success, greater value, lower cost = good business......

And since when did moving a high priced contract for guys that will do more for the team now and in the future become a bad thing ?
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA

Not really saying much.

I expect Jake to bounce out of it.
    Well HWood.....if someone is going to ***** about this trade, then it's really the bottom-line isn't it ? So it is say quite a bit, in fact it's saying it all

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    and Brett ****ing Tomko has also pitched in and won more games than Peavy. He even put up a 2.95 ERA for Oakland last year in the same stretch of the dawn of the Clayton Richard era in San Diego. That doesn't make Bombko nor Richard better than Peavy.
    Who said anything about them being better than Peavy ..... But since you brought it up, for this team Richard has been a shit load better during that stretch, which is EXACTLY what is being discussed....and for that matter so was Tomko.......and that is because they weren't on the DL with thumb up ass making tens of millions of dollars

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    It's a helluva confused person that cries when the guy on the mound we got is doing better and having more success than the guy we traded ....then cry that they don't think they got a good deal in the trade to begin with........THEN live in hindsight as if that's a good perch to be hanging out on......

Salary Dump ? Wow isn't that the convenient thing to say ......again the guys we got in return are having more success, with others still on the way up who could make this even more lopsided......that is known as good business for those still sporting redass......

So for the extremely slow......greater success, greater value, lower cost = good business......

And since when did moving a high priced contract for guys that will do more for the team now and in the future become a bad thing ?
    To play Devil's Advocate for a second, I think something can be said for the small sample size, which is what I think mofo was getting at with the comparison to Brett Tomko's performance over the same stretch.

I don't think a conclusion can be drawn on this deal, good or bad, because it hasn't been that long and we have yet to see what Poreda or Carter can do. And, regarding Jake and Richard, while Richard may be out performing Jake to this point...again, it's a small sample size.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Well HWood.....if someone is going to ***** about this trade, then it's really the bottom-line isn't it ? So it is say quite a bit, in fact it's saying it all
    Realmofotalk just likes to obsess over certain aspects of San Diego sports.

I think Clayton Richard is becoming his baseball equivalent of Craig Davis.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Who said anything about them being better than Peavy ..... But since you brought it up, for this team Richard has been a shit load better during that stretch, which is EXACTLY what is being discussed....and for that matter so was Tomko.......and that is because they weren't on the DL with thumb up ass making tens of millions of dollars
    You cannot hold it against Peavy that he was hurt during that stretch, nevermind the fact it wasn't his arm that was hurt. But even if you do, consider he was lights out in the final two starts out of three in his return from the DL. His tiny sample size was still efficiently better.

And you must be kidding me with trashing Peavy for making tens of millions of dollars. He took a below market deal to stay in San Diego when he could have bolted as a free agent with one year of club control to go and made a hundred million dollars.

MLB ERA

To play Devil's Advocate for a second, I think something can be said for the small sample size, which is what I think mofo was getting at with the comparison to Brett Tomko's performance over the same stretch.
    Sample size is irrelevant in this conversation.....and since the trade those guys have been BETTER than Peavy.......

Nobody has suggested that for their careers either is or would be better than Peavy, but this about who has done what since the trade....the time frame is set.

Clinging to the negatives is just pathetic anyway.....anyone that still has a case of redass over the Padres getting a load of pitching in return for a high priced guy on the DL isn't thinking clearly.......and anyone that suggests we were trying to get Hanson for Peavy while on the DL is just flat dumb

MLB ERA

Yeah, the trade has been good so far (more because Jake has struggled and less because the return has been great...) but I'd rather assess the trade from an overall viewpoint...as in whether or not it'll prove to be a good one in the end.

Hard to do not knowing the future, but I think Jake's resume shows that Richard won't always be able to maintain a better than 8.44 ERA just to do better than Jake.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Realmofotalk just likes to obsess over certain aspects of San Diego sports.

I think Clayton Richard is becoming his baseball equivalent of Craig Davis.
    Jacob Hester, Brian Giles, LdT, Eric Weddle, Eli Manning, Michael Turner, am I forgetting anyone?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Jacob Hester, Brian Giles, LdT, Eric Weddle, Eli Manning, Michael Turner, am I forgetting anyone?
    296 and Costco, which is apparently where all the Chargers fans flock to after losses to pretend they're not Chargers fans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12