Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If this is true, KT is a pussy (Padres cut ties with Trevor over the phone)

MLB ERA

Re: If this is true, KT is a pussy (Padres cut ties with Trevor over the phone)

Agreed, but I'm saying he shouldn't have gone to the media, which he did. Whether it was his agents or him, he's got to be in control. I know it seems like I'm demanding a lot from him, but going to the media and complaining before the deal was technically off the table was a bad move. I think KT and SA screwed up worse, but Hoff wasn't completely innocent.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hoffman didn't complain to the media until AFTER the deal was pulled!

MLB ERA

You're right. I checked your articles, and assumed the one on top came out first....should have checked the dates. In that case, I'd say that SA and KT are just trying to save their asses after outing a San Diego legend and fan favorite.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner!!! Trevor has zero reason to lie. The thread title is about KT being a pussy and that's exactly what he acted like along with the rest of the Padres FO.

MLB ERA

Thank you reefer. I'm glad you agree with my thread title
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Trevor wasn't even in town when his AGENT's leaked the contract information to the media.......
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

What does that have to do with a GD thing? Does Trevor have to live with his agent now? Do they have to share a bed? Do they have bombs strapped to their backs that will explode if they are so far apart? Hoffman was in Puerto Rico on vacation when Towers CALLED to say his offer was pulled What's your point and where's the proof it was Hoffman's agent and not an "inside source"? Still doesn;t change the chicken shit or "pussy" move.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Two part Sandy Alderson interview regarding Hoffman on 11/11/08

Part 1
    - We made the offer, it was out there for 4 weeks, we got no counter to the offer
    - The agent wanted to set a meeting with KT, SA & Moores....SA decide, but offered to meet with Trevor and his agent and KT to answer any questions, if they couldn't answer all of Trevor's questions they'd be willing to discuss setting up a meeting with Moores
    - SA says he's still willing to meet with Trevor and always has been
    -Peavy's not being traded unless it proves to be a good baseball move, they aren't looking to just dump him
    - They didn't p/u Giles option to just turn around and trade him, he's the kind of player they like and want on this team
    - Offer was pulled, because it was on the table for 4 weeks with no counter, and they'd offered to meet with Trevor and no response was given, then the Agent "started popping off" to the media, while Trevor was out of town
    - He did discuss the economy and how the Padres are being impacted just like the Rockies and Dbacks, saying they have to make sure they spend responsibly just like everyone right now, and they couldn't leave a $4m offer just sitting on the table going into FA

Part 2
    - Trevor's offer was not "take it or leave it", they were willing to discuss and negotiate
    -
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

-Hoffman said the contract wasn;t good enough and wanted a incentive laden contract. Padres were well aware.
    -Never offered any meeting or else it would have happened since that's all Hoffman was asking
    -SA says he will be willing to meet but just didn't and refused
    -No one said any different
    -We'll see
    -Again Hoffman did make a counter offer and told the Padres what he wanted. Many unreturned phone calls later, no word form the Padres. Hoffman tried to set up a meeting with anyone only to be told while on vacation OVER THE PHONE that his offer was pulled. No meeting was offered or else it would have happened since that's ALL Hoffman wanted.

The spin machine continues!! Hoffman has no reason to lie and I believe him over the people that are trying to cover their ass over the fan displeasure of the Padres handling of Hoffman.

And it still doesn't excuse the chicken shit move by KT.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123