Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If this is true, KT is a pussy (Padres cut ties with Trevor over the phone)

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: If this is true, KT is a pussy (Padres cut ties with Trevor over the phone)

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    Ah yes. If it's on the internet, it must be true.

Kevin Towers: "Hoff, we don't want you anymore. Sorry bro."
    Trevor Hoffman: "Bullshit! I just read a rumor on SOSD that says that you do want me!"
    Signed,

Depo's blog
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yes, the Padres didn't treat Trevor with the class he deserved. Yes, Trevor has every right to be pissed and yes the Padres have every right to move on. That about wraps her all up.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yes, both sides handled this poorly. Yes, both sides have every right to be pissed and yes both sides have every right to move on. That about wraps her all up.
    Fix'd

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Padres If this is true, KT is a pussy (Padres cut ties with Trevor over the phone)

Don;t ever TRY and fix something I wrote. Trevor did absolutely nothing wrong and fail to see how anyone can think otherwise!! How dare Trevor ask to meet with ownership!! Who does that?? Oh, a lot of people especially when they are trying to cut the payroll in half. Padres have zero right to be pissed.

MLB ERA

Explain how his agents screwed this up. I still fail to see how his side did anything wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

This all sucks in a sense of not wanting to see a San Diego icon in another uniform, but let's face it the guy was finally showing his age last year and I don't think he's going to be all that much help to whichever team he ends up playing for this year anyways.

I wish he'd retire instead of playing his twilight years for another team, but he's free to make his own decisions and keep playing if he likes.

I do hope he rebounds and has a good year for whomever he plays for, but I just don't see it happening. Father time is getting to him.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    And padrefanforever, he looked for a meeting with KT, not with the owner, which is exactly where he should have gone
    No he didn't.......KT and SA both said long before Trevor's side started their spin that the request was for a private meeting with Moores, between Trevor, his agent and Moores.......

KT and SA were both waiting to hear back from Hoffy's side on the offer that was currently on the table at the time.......they never responded once to it....

We get to hear from KT and SA live each week here on 1090......they were pretty damn clear about what had and had not taken place

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Back to Trevor having every right to be pissed and the Padres having zero, this sums it up for Trevor's case.

He said it upset him that Moores and Alderson didn't consent to a meeting.

“Really, the ultimate goal was to get in the room so there would be no miscommunication and to convey I wanted to be in a Padres uniform for the rest of my career,” Hoffman said.
    I wonder why any player would want to meet with the owner, team president and the GM?? Meeting was denied and offer was pulled out from under him.

MLB ERA

If you're wondering where all the Jake Peavy/payroll shenanigans are I made a separate thread for it.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Back to Trevor having every right to be pissed and the Padres having zero, this sums it up for Trevor's case.

I wonder why any player would want to meet with the owner, team president and the GM?? Meeting was denied and offer was pulled out from under him.
    Alderson has said publicly many times that he would love to meet with KT, Trevor and his agents..........and that Trevor, KT, SA and Moores could also meet, but not with his agents.......that's inappropriate since Moores has ZERO to do with contract discussions.......and for that matter neither does he.....that's all KT and all contract talks should remain between KT and Trevor's side.......

Alderson and KT have both said many times that they would welcome a meeting with Trevor......his agents are ****ing this up for everyone .... I can only hope that Trevor is bright enough to see what's really going on....

KT has also spoken with Trevor recently, and explained their side of things (according to KT yesterday)

MLB ERA

And FYI......some guys in the FO have said that both SA and KT were pissed when Trevor's agents leaked out the contract offer to the media......neither have any interest in his side using the media as a negotiation tool.....that had a ton to do with them pulling the offer.....in case you didn't know that.....

MLB ERA

Well, let's be fair, as much as Hoffman and his agents will be trying to spin it so that KT and SA look bad, so are they. KT and SA don't wanna be remembered as the guys who ran Hoffman out of town....they're no more of a guarantee to be truthful than Hoffman and his agents are.

But in the end, I think both were wrong. I think Hoff should have either accepted the crappy deal, or told them, listen, I'm being disrespected by this lowball offer, don't do this. At the same time, they should have given him a better offer, consented to whatever stupid meeting he wanted, and definitely not pulled the offer out that quickly. Either way, they're all wrong. Just trying to sort things out to show that no one is innocent, even if you think SA and KT are.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Alderson and KT wouldn't even meet with Trevor without Moores!!! You keep saying Alderson said publicly that he would love to meet with Trevor but he DIDN'T and never wanted to! And if Trevor wanted to meet with Moores, he should have every right since Moores does have a say in the future of the club. Sitting with all three should not be a problem and it isn't!! Trevor heard he wasn't coming back and wanted to hear it himself Where is this wrong? Where is it inappropriate to talk to the GM, president and owner?? Please explain to me how.

But Towers reiterated to Thurman that there would be no offer, and when Hoffman learned this, he asked for a face-to-face meeting with Towers and Padres CEO Sandy Alderson. Fifteen minutes later, the Padres' offer was officially withdrawn, via fax. Hoffman said that when he spoke to Towers, the GM said, "No, we are no longer negotiating. We are going in another direction."
    Man the Padres have every right to be pissed at this one!!

Point is the Padres have zero right to be mad in this situation. They mishandled things, not the agents. You haven't given one instance where the agents screwed Trevor over. All the agents were doing were trying to set up the meeting since they were no longer answering Trevors phone calls. All I keep finding is a classless ending to a HOF career in SD. Hoffman asked for a meeting and was denied then told over the phone while in Puerto Rico his offer was being pulled!! Trevor is the one who should be raging mad, not the ****ing Padres.
    For more material for you to BROWSE over.
    ESPN - Trevor Hoffman still miffed by treatment from San Diego Padres
    ESPN - Trevor Hoffman done in San Diego as Padres pull offer

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Metro -- Hoffman says Padres 'have shut the door'
    Hoffman wants to talk to Moores before deciding on Padres' offer

How inappropriate for Hoffman to want to hear it face to face from the Padres that he wasn;t coming back

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I tend to believe the players over management especially well-respected players like Hoffman. Especially when that well-respected HOFer's story came out first and the spin machine followed. The deal was not pulled because of a media leakage. Hoffman didn't like the offer in the first place and the Padres weren't answering his phone calls. The deal was pulled because they didn;t want him back. Too bad they didn;t have the balls to tell him face to face.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post

But in the end, I think both were wrong. I think Hoff should have either accepted the crappy deal, or told them, listen, I'm being disrespected by this lowball offer, don't do this. At the same time, they should have given him a better offer, consented to whatever stupid meeting he wanted, and definitely not pulled the offer out that quickly. Either way, they're all wrong. Just trying to sort things out to show that no one is innocent, even if you think SA and KT are.
    They weren't returning his calls and would not set up a meeting!! Hoffman already made it clear he didn't like the offer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast