Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Jake Peavy traded this offseason?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Jake Peavy traded this offseason?

So you want Marquis (who sucks) and De Rosa who have just one year left on their deals? How does that help the future of the team? Hanson and Heyward were never on the table for the last time and Towers was OK with that. The package you named was worse than what the Braves offered. You conveniently left out Escobar.

MLB ERA

The Braves have since made Flowers worth Javier Vazquez but not Jake Peavy, therefore Hanson or Heyward need to be on the table if they want to get back into talks.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Towers is done with the Braves because they aren't willing to give the no-trade clause. That was the only obstacle in the way or else Peavy would be a Brave by now. Towers has said its the Cubs or no one else. I was just making lfun of PFF saying the Braves package was somehow trash and then he comes up with this gem of a package from the Cubs which would hardly help the future of the club. Its a worse package.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

On a side note, the Phillies and Orioles are rumored to be in on a four team deal to get this done. Again, I find it criminal that the Cubs could have a rotation of Peavy, Zambrano, Harden, Dempster and Lilly.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Towers is done with the Braves because they aren't willing to give the no-trade clause. That was the only obstacle in the way or else Peavy would be a Brave by now. Towers has said its the Cubs or no one else. I was just making lfun of PFF saying the Braves package was somehow trash and then he comes up with this gem of a package from the Cubs which would hardly help the future of the club. Its a worse package.
    Yeah, I'm aware that the NTC was the only thing that nixed the deal, but that doesn't negate the fact that Frank Wren decided Tyler Flowers was too much for Jake Peavy but expendable for Javier Vasquez.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I said it was a gem of a package You truly are an idiot......and actual package offered from the Braves was crap centered around a CFer 2 years away we don't need, with no real pitching help
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Hanson and Heyward were never on the table for the last time and Towers was OK with that.
    No he wasn't and neither was SA........both have said this publicly.......go listen to some interviews......KT just took a shot at the Braves when discussing the Cubs FO saying it's nice to deal with a guy who doesn't say "this guy isn't available" when discussing Jake Peavy......

They were far from ok with it
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware that the NTC was the only thing that nixed the deal, but that doesn't negate the fact that Frank Wren decided Tyler Flowers was too much for Jake Peavy but expendable for Javier Vasquez.
    Yeah and I said the Braves were no longer in play and that Tyler Flowers for Vazquez was bullshit sooooo?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    I said it was a gem of a package You truly are an idiot......and actual package offered from the Braves was crap centered around a CFer 2 years away we don't need, with no real pitching help
    I'm the idiot? I'm not the one who thinks your offer was better than the Braves. You are getting only two players for the future!! DeRosa and Marquis have one year left on their deals. How is that helping the future of the club?? The Braves package had pieces for the future for a long time and a better prospect than the CFer the Padres have now! Not to mention (because you keep failing to) the Padres SS in Escobar. That was the center of the deal. Its better than gett Marquis and DeRosa for a year and a third baseman "years away" from contributing and Sean Marhsall. This is Jake freaking Peavy for god's sake!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    No he wasn't and neither was SA........both have said this publicly.......go listen to some interviews......KT just took a shot at the Braves when discussing the Cubs FO saying it's nice to deal with a guy who doesn't say "this guy isn't available" when discussing Jake Peavy......

They were far from ok with it
    Towers had deals in place without Hanson or Heyward. They were never on the table. The no-trade is what Jake nixed. No-trade clause, no trade.

MLB ERA

Yeah and I said the Braves were no longer in play and that Tyler Flowers for Vazquez was bullshit sooooo?
    I was merely explaining why Hanson or Heyward needs to be in the discussion if they were to come back and try and talk with KT.

Whether or not they actually intend to do so is irrelevant.

MLB ERA

As for Jason Marquis, could somebody explain to me why it would make sense for the Padres to trade Jake Peavy and bring back someone else being paid a lot who's not half as good?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    As for Jason Marquis, could somebody explain to me why it would make sense for the Padres to trade Jake Peavy and bring back someone else being paid a lot who's not half as good?
    Exactly my point. He sucks and he has one year left on his deal and so does DeRosa. Both moves don't make sense for the Padres.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cubs chairman Crane Kenney maintains that the team can add another significant long-term contract, even with ownership in flux.
    Ken Rosenthal especially has championed the theory that the Cubs can't add Jake Peavy until a sale is complete, but the team has done nothing to suggest that's the case. The pieces appear to be in place for a Peavy to get done, likely with the Phillies involved. The Tribune believes that Jason Marquis would go to San Diego, with the Cubs covering more than half of his $9.875 million salary. Also, the Phillies would get Mark DeRosa and send two pitching prospects to the Padres. The report makes no mention of the long-rumored Baltimore-Felix Pie-Garrett Olson scenario. Josh Vitters, Angel Guzman and Kevin Hart are other possibilities for the Padres, while Sean Marshall is believed to be off the table.
    The fact that Marquis is mentioned makes this deal a bad one.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Twins have now entered the mix as they want DeRosa. So now that makes the Padres, Cubs, Phillies, Orioles and now the Twins involved. What a mess

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast