Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 off season thread

MLB ERA

Re: Extension For Peavy Nearing!!

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Real cute of you to ignore everything else in my post to defend your fellow fan.

At least what I had to say was relevant to the Padres' offseason plans. What the **** does "the Angels...are the real LA team" have to do with anything?
    Did you not see me agreeing with you before that post?

It just seemed odd to me that you told him he was "derailing" the thread amidst a conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with the original post.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post

It just seemed odd to me that you told him he was "derailing" the thread amidst a conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with the original post.
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Let's not beat around the bush here. Would you feel better if I had used the word "our conversation" instead of "the topic"?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Let's not beat around the bush here. Would you feel better if I had used the word "our conversation" instead of "the topic"?
    Not really, cuz then it'd just not make any sense.

"derailing" is internet message forum slang.

Once a thread has been derailed it's derailed.

You don't stop your friends mid conversation when they bring up a tangent and ask them why they're "derailing" the conversation...do you?

MLB ERA

Now, had you said "what does that have to do with anything?" I probably wouldn't have responded.

And yeah, I realize it's much ado about nothing.....but so is half of anything I post on the internet.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    This entire discussion had much to do with the Dodgers as they were a major piece of the puzzle or did you forget that ? The derailment came from an accusation that it was a Padre "homer" that brought up the idea. When it was a 3 way rumor discussed more than once, with links supplied I do believe. Feel free to search, I'm sure you're capable.

If it makes no difference who the Fish are shitting on they why worry about it ? Clearly it matters to you, or you wouldn't even bother responding !

If you wish to continue this pointless banter I'm all for it......nothing else seems to happen in this place anymore......

And the Angels are the real LA team, not some transplant castoff from the otherside of the country, who had to run from their issues just like the Giants.
    The discussion had nothing to do with the Dodgers because in order for the Marlins and the Padres to do a Kemp-for-Headley deal, it is assumed that at that point, Kemp is no longer a Dodger! So how am I being a Dodger blowhard when I'm looking at the Kemp-for-Headley deal at the Marlins' angle?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2008 off season thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Not really, cuz then it'd just not make any sense.

"derailing" is internet message forum slang.

Once a thread has been derailed it's derailed.

You don't stop your friends mid conversation when they bring up a tangent and ask them why they're "derailing" the conversation...do you?
    Now that you've moved the thread so that there's no confusion about the topics...

Again, let's not argue semantics and internet message forum slang. You don't like pointless drivel anymore than I do in a thread that isn't about gameday smack or player/coach smack.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post

And the Angels are the real LA team, not some transplant castoff from the otherside of the country, who had to run from their issues just like the Giants.
    If it weren't for O'Malley moving the Dodgers to LA and the Giants going to SF, there would be no Padres. O'Malley is the reason there is West Coast baseball. Those "issues" he had to run from? Oh the "issue" of O'Malley not getting his new ballpark? No franchise has ever done that!!

This is a dumb argument because these so-called rumors had zero legs to stand on in the first place. The three way deal wasn't going to happen and we all know it!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal reports that the Padres could bring back Mike Piazza if Michael Barrett turns down their offer of arbitration.
    Padres pitchers don't give their catchers a chance to throw out basestealers anyway, so why not give Piazza another try? Barrett, who would only be a part-timer in San Diego, is drawing interest from the Marlins, Rays and Orioles. Baltimore probably wouldn't put in a bid unless Ramon Hernandez was traded.
    Let Piazza go to Japan.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Mark Loretta is open to returning to San Diego, but he said that "there doesn't seem to be too much interest" on the Padres' end.
    Loretta is weighing the Astros' offer of arbitration, though he knows there wouldn't be a lot of playing time available in Houston. He called the Rockies "a good fit." It doesn't appears as though the Yankees have as much interest as initially reported.
    Either the Padres are holding out for someone better or they are going to let Stansbury and Antonelli fight for it. Pads have no interest in Clement according to reports.

MLB ERA

Ant, EGon, Robles & Stansberry ........one of those starts for us next year

MLB ERA

or the darkhorse.....Hairston

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Padres have offered free agent Brett Tomko a one-year, $1.5 million contract.
    Tomko would likely be a reliever initially if he stayed with San Diego. Also looking at the journeyman right-hander are the Nationals, Pirates, Marlins, Reds and Rangers. Throw in the Royals and we'd have all of the usual.

Free agent Darin Erstad has received interest from the Padres, Mariners, Astros and Rays.
    He makes especially little sense in Houston, since, like Michael Bourn, he's a left-handed hitter. Erstad needs to be a reserve at this point in his career. Not only is he not good enough to start anyway, but there's just no way to keep him healthy if he's playing five or six games per week.
    These rumors are just flying out now.

MLB ERA

I've heard Tomko in our bullpen.........in place of Brocail.......ok depending on $$$

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast