Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Southern California Fires

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Re: Southern California Fires

For those of you who don't live in the Southern California area, let alone San Diego, these fires are worse than the ones we had in 2003. San Diego is 0% contained last I heard, someone can correct me if that's not right, and is headed west towards Del Mar. It has torn through areas like a tornado, leaving nothing but rubble in its path.

There is also a very dangerous fire burning in my neck of the woods, up in Orange County near Foothill Ranch. Voluntary evacuations have begun in that area and firefighters are going to try to make their stand right there, if they don't, there's nothing but 2,500 homes in its path. One of our offices had voluntary evacuations earlier this afternoon, and if it's anything like what's going on in San Diego, we could be evacuating our office in the next 24-48 hours.

Please keep all areas in your prayers, regardless of whether it's LA, Ventura, San Bernadino, Orange or San Diego counties. I feel really helpless with my mom evacuated and I'm not able to do anything. For those of you in San Diego, keep all of us informed, let us know that you're doing ok and if you are evacuating. If you need any help from any of us that are close, don't hesitate to post, we'll be monitoring this thread until it's over.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA

Well part of where I live(Escondido) was evacuated. We have all out stuff ready to go. You are correct that is a worse then the 03 fires. I am totally saying prayers for everyone including the firemen.

BTW I will updated from what is happening where I am.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan View Post
    For those of you who don't live in the Southern California area, let alone San Diego, these fires are worse than the ones we had in 2003. San Diego is 0% contained last I heard, someone can correct me if that's not right, and is headed west towards Del Mar. It has torn through areas like a tornado, leaving nothing but rubble in its path.
    [/B]
    Yup, that's the "Witch Fire." The evacuation area hasn't extended to my neck of the woods (where the 5 and 805 splits)...yet.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Witch Fire is considered 1% contained ( whatever the hell that actually means )

The Rice Fire isn't expected to be put out until after Nov. 1st......think about that !!!

The Harris Fire is around 5% contained, but is now starting to enter Spring Valley and more of East Chula Vista...... I vote no Stadium there

Its 3:37pm on Tues right now, I'm in Oceanside, and the sky is YELLOW, and ominous.........I guess there are now two fires on Pendleton burning, but the news can't cover those since they can't get onto the base to report on them.......it's pretty frustrating overall not knowing where and how those are progressing.......

Ugh !!!
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA

Well we evacuated to my step dads house in ridgecrest.

While we were driving up I saw almost all the fires. Man I still can not believe all of this.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

It is scary. Hang in there and be safe. And most importantly, pray. God will help you get through this. Lean on him and he will know what to do.

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

There's another fire that has started in Orange County, up in Modjeska Canyon, which has not met up with the Foothill Ranch fire. There were supposed to be 4 water tankers allocated to this fire, but they had to pull all 4 planes and all firefighters out of the area due to the conditions. So, if you're keeping count, there are 2 fires up here burning unchecked.

I've talked to PFF a few times today and I know evacuating is now in the back of their minds if the fire near them gets worse.

We'll update more as the days go on.

777rak, how are you guys doing, I read you were evacuated. What's the update on you guys?
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    It is scary. Hang in there and be safe. And most importantly, pray. God will help you get through this. Lean on him and he will know what to do.
    I've already put the word out to Zeus ( god of rain, among other things ), and so far he's still tossing lightning bolts around..........and it seems that Hephaestus ( god of Fire ) is still having his way..........though Aeolus ( god of wind ) seemed to play along a little more today.....hopefully they will all start playing nice really soon

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

The Modjeska fire could force a friend of mine and his family to evacuate at some point late tonight or first thing tomorrow morning. Talking to him 15 minutes ago, he says it's getting a little too close for comfort, so the evacuation notice may come a little sooner than that.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Southern California Fires

ah, is that sarcasm. I dont think I would want to be messing around the all-mighty, all-powerful. It could come back to bit you in the a**.

trust me on this!!!

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    ah, is that sarcasm. I dont think I would want to be messing around the all-mighty, all-powerful. It could come back to bit you in the a**.

trust me on this!!!
    Sarcasm.......nah....... just talking to the ones around long before the new kid on the block

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

OK, if you say so!

MLB ERA

thankx brewersfan I agree with you I belive in God

anway... my update is everyone is ok

Still can not believe a million people have been evacuated wow. And how many homes destroyed. Well no school for me hehe lol j/k.

MLB ERA

Easy guys......believe in whatever completes you, as all should.......It wasn't meant to start a holy war.....eeeesh......

This new Pendleton fire is now 10 miles north of my house, while the Rice fire is 10 miles N/E from my house..........we're now packing up our stuff just in case......it's all about what Pendleton does to stop these now......it's pretty much grasslands between us........ugh

MLB ERA

off topic
    Hey here is what I think is going to happen(though I hope this does not happen on Mon){Charger game might get moved to Mon.} The Chargers are going to do what the Saints did. They are going to win their next games and make it to the playoffs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast