Thread: Jake Peavy

MLB ERA

Jake Peavy

...is filthy.

His line tonight:
    7 IP, 0 R, 3 H, 4 K, 3 BB, 106 Pitches

O yeah, and he has 2 RBI's also. A sac fly (which would have gone out of a lot of other ballparks) and a sweet-swingin RBI single with 2 men on.

The K's will absolutely go up in the next few starts. For now, I'll take a 3-hit shutout over 7 any day

Jake Peavy is the man. He is officially my favorite player not on the Yankees.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Re: Jake Peavy

I'd like to add to this by saying the announcer on the Padres-Astros game said the Padres led the Majors last year by shutting out the opponent 20 times last year. That led the 2nd place team, the Red Sox, BY SEVEN SHUTOUTS. I'm sure Peavy was a HUGE part of that. No wonder the Padres came a game from the playoffs with the 3rd worst batting average in the MLB.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Chris Young was a huge part of that.....prior to his oblique, he was the best pitcher in baseball, and was putting up zero's just about every start......Maddux also had his share......that poor guy might have won 18 games if the Padres could have mustered any semblance of run scoring for him last year.
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Chris Young was a huge part of that.....prior to his oblique, he was the best pitcher in baseball, and was putting up zero's just about every start......Maddux also had his share......that poor guy might have won 18 games if the Padres could have mustered any semblance of run scoring for him last year.
    I agree, the Padres pitching is quite good. Anchored by the man

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Can you imagine IF .....IF......Prior does make a comeback and is anything near his dominant self ? Peavy, CY, Prior, Maddux, Wolf is a pretty nice rotation going into the playoffs......

My hope, however wishful, is that Prior does complete his comeback, and decides to take a heavily laden incentive deal to remain a Padre....hometown + pitching in Petco might get it done, if he returns to health.....
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres