Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Ideas / rumors / trades

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: 2008 Ideas / rumors / trades

".....didn't get very far after the Twins asked for Chase Headley........" was a key part of that dead issue
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    No it does not.........It says nothing like that so quit misinterpreting things.....clearly your powers of deductive reasoning are lacking......and Crisp is far from my golden boy ....... he may be yours......he sure as **** isn't mine
    LOL Willits and Haynes....say wuh and then vomits on keyboard means you like him?? LOL and I'm not the one who thinks Crisp is the best the Pads can do. When you keep bringing him up as your best choice that makes him your golden boy.

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    LOL Willits and Haynes....say wuh and then vomits on keyboard means you like him?? LOL and I'm not the one who thinks Crisp is the best the Pads can do. When you keep bringing him up as your best choice that makes him your golden boy.
    Reefer, do you like putting words in people's mouths? Show us 1 post where he said "Crisp is the best the Padres can do", those words exactly. Also, I've brought up Loretta a few times, does that make him MY golden boy?

For all the shots you're taking at the names we've thrown out, I haven't seen you post 1 name. So let's see your ideas genius.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA

Clement - Expected and is a good idea
    Jenkins - you all know where I stand on Giles II
    Willits & Haynes - ........huh........say wuh.......

vomits on keyboard
    Lets see.........the huh.......say wuh etc.... followed Haynes.......I'm not really big on that guy ( maybe for a lack of knowledge but that's irrelevant right now) and by your fools take, that would/should be the misinterpreted vomit player.......since it actually followed him directly.........

The whole vomits on keyboard thing was just at the idea that these were the guys we were actually going after as a whole..........not for one individual player......you misinterpreting things isn't new for anyone.........but it is old and tired......

If you don't like the takes, ideas or opinions.....feel free not to share yours......

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan View Post
    Reefer, do you like putting words in people's mouths? Show us 1 post where he said "Crisp is the best the Padres can do", those words exactly. Also, I've brought up Loretta a few times, does that make him MY golden boy?

For all the shots you're taking at the names we've thrown out, I haven't seen you post 1 name. So let's see your ideas genius.
    Those words exactly? I love how you had to phrase it like that He said it was the most realistic which is the same thing. You have also brought up about five other names for second base. I am not putting words into anyones mouth.

You haven't seen me post one name? Learn to read bro. Where are your "original" ideas genius?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Just be glad Pads isn't the GM is all I'm saying. With his lineup, the Dbacks, Dodgers and Rockies would be thanking you.

MLB ERA

Not likely......enjoy Zito and no B*onds........and Dave Roberts as your main OFer

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Those words exactly? I love how you had to phrase it like that He said it was the most realistic which is the same thing. You have also brought up about five other names for second base. I am not putting words into anyones mouth.

You haven't seen me post one name? Learn to read bro. Where are your "original" ideas genius?
    I've brought up 5 other names at 2nd? Who besides Loretta and Matt Antonelli?

As far as PFF saying Crisp is realistic, that isn't far off. Who are the other CF options, Reefer? Andruw Jones? Padres wanted to offer him a high 1 year deal, Boras turned them down. Hunter is over the Padres price range, Cameron will be one of the last options they look at.

So he wasn't far off when he said that, but he never said "Crisp is the best the Padres can do". So, in a way, you did put those words in his mouth.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

My original ideas? Check 2008 Payroll post, you'll find them there. See if you can match me idea for idea. Let's compare names shall we?
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Not likely......enjoy Zito and no B*onds........and Dave Roberts as your main OFer
    Main OFer? You just don't know shit Way to try and change the subject. With your GM skills, we might have a shot at 4th.

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

If Doc Roberts isn't your main outfielder, Bonds is gone, who is for 2008?
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I've brought up 5 other names at 2nd? Who besides Loretta and Matt Antonelli?

As far as PFF saying Crisp is realistic, that isn't far off. Who are the other CF options, Reefer? Andruw Jones? Padres wanted to offer him a high 1 year deal, Boras turned them down. Hunter is over the Padres price range, Cameron will be one of the last options they look at.

So he wasn't far off when he said that, but he never said "Crisp is the best the Padres can do". So, in a way, you did put those words in his mouth.
    Blum and Stansberry. Rowand would be a great fit on a three year deal and I liked the Crawford deal as long as the Pads got a power bat to go in LF. Hell no to Jones! Cameron is off everyone's list for a long time. Rowand to a 3 yr deal still gives the option of signing Peavy to a long term deal. Rowand > Crisp. Young and Upton could also be available from the DRays. Always remember you can to put Kouz in LF and Headley at third to save even more money to go get that big bat. And yes he did say he was the most realistic so why bother talking about anyone else. He also has him in his sig. Stop being naive.

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Blum and Stansberry. Rowand would be a great fit on a three year deal and I liked the Crawford deal as long as the Pads got a power bat to go in LF. Hell no to Jones! Cameron is off everyone's list for a long time. Rowand to a 3 yr deal still gives the option of signing Peavy to a long term deal. Rowand > Crisp. Young and Upton could also be available from the DRays. Always remember you can to put Kouz in LF and Headley at third to save even more money to go get that big bat. And yes he did say he was the most realistic so why bother talking about anyone else. He also has him in his sig. Stop being naive.
    Stansberry isn't my choice for 2nd, so there's no reason for me to bring him up and Blum looks like he's on his way to LA, so scratch him off my list. Any others? Rowand won't be signed by San Diego, he's going to get more money from other teams, I don't see how the Padres can drop that much money on him. You can't put Kouz in left, he doesn't have the speed to play in the outfield and doesn't have any major league time in the outfield, plus, the Padres already have Headley in the outfield during Fall Ball and will be there during Spring Training.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If Doc Roberts isn't your main outfielder, Bonds is gone, who is for 2008?
    Randy Winn ring any bells? Davis made Roberts a non factor in Sept.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Stansberry isn't my choice for 2nd, so there's no reason for me to bring him up and Blum looks like he's on his way to LA, so scratch him off my list. Any others? Rowand won't be signed by San Diego, he's going to get more money from other teams, I don't see how the Padres can drop that much money on him. You can't put Kouz in left, he doesn't have the speed to play in the outfield and doesn't have any major league time in the outfield, plus, the Padres already have Headley in the outfield during Fall Ball and will be there during Spring Training.
    There is a reason to bring him up since people are projecting him to start at second and is more of a proven thing than Antonelli. Rowand can be signed by this team. He won't make much more than Cameron did this year. Definitely possible and fits what this team needs, production. You can put Kouz in left, he has played there before coming over and from what I hear Headley is the better thord baseman. Regardless, it saves money to get guys like Rowand and Peavy.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast