Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jason Bay available in 2008 according to 1090

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Re: 2008 Ideas / rumors / trades

As I said before, Reefer, Grady Fuson would disagree with you about whether Headley is MLB ready or not. As far as him not being "impressive enough for the Pirates".
    AA San Antonio: .330 BA (433 AB's) 20 HR's 78 RBI's .437 OBP. Have you looked at the stats for the Pirates 3B position from last year?

Jose Castillo .244 BA 0 HR's 24 RBI's .270 OBP
    Matt Kata .222 BA 3 HR's 16 RBI's .258 OBP
    Jose Bautista .254 BA 15 HR's 63 RBI's .339 OBP

To say Headley would do nothing for them might be stretch.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    My point exactly!!!! I have said since my first post it was a rumor. Crybabies have to start crying and not talk baseball.
    I'm confused.

You're the one that started questioning the validity of the rumor...which is the concept that I was trying to argue against.

It's a rumor, everyone knows this....but what harm is done in discussing what can be done to acquire him on the premise that he is available?

Instead, we've spent the past couple pages trying to argue whether or not Bay is, indeed, available when that's something we can never know for sure unless they actually trade him.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan View Post
    As I said before, Reefer, Grady Fuson would disagree with you about whether Headley is MLB ready or not. As far as him not being "impressive enough for the Pirates".
    AA San Antonio: .330 BA (433 AB's) 20 HR's 78 RBI's .437 OBP. Have you looked at the stats for the Pirates 3B position from last year?

Jose Castillo .244 BA 0 HR's 24 RBI's .270 OBP
    Matt Kata .222 BA 3 HR's 16 RBI's .258 OBP
    Jose Bautista .254 BA 15 HR's 63 RBI's .339 OBP

To say Headley would do nothing for them might be stretch.
    If I were the Pirates GM I'd definitely demand Kouzmanoff over Headley....see what I can get elsewhere if Towers says no....then probably come back to Towers and accept Headley if he's insistent on keeping Kouz and I don't get bites elsewhere.

Of course, I say the above under the premise that, for whatever reason, the Padres are the first team I go to.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Crybaby crybaby...........oh my god nooooooooooooo a Stoner called me a crybaby..........dear god what ever will I do

1. Headley has been deemed ML ready by Grady Fuson........
    ..........you were wrong
    2. The Bay rumor didn't start in San Diego as you claimed because you didn't like the rumor to begin with
    .........wrong again

There are 2 examples ....... and you wont man up to either of them as usual.......
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nothing for next year is my point. Where is this article you keep mentioning from Fuson. He might be ready for next year but is it worth the gamble to trade best player?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I'm confused.

You're the one that started questioning the validity of the rumor...which is the concept that I was trying to argue against.

It's a rumor, everyone knows this....but what harm is done in discussing what can be done to acquire him on the premise that he is available?

Instead, we've spent the past couple pages trying to argue whether or not Bay is, indeed, available when that's something we can never know for sure unless they actually trade him.
    Exactly now that's yet another place you've been shown to be wrong LTR

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I'm confused.

What harm is it in voicing why it isn't plausible? Everyone knows it's a ****ing rumor and not once have I said otherwise. People cry and keep crying over the dumbest ****ing shit!

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

There isn't an article on that, that I know of. Though, I've heard Fuson say it a few times on Coach Kintera's show on XX Sports Radio during the weekly segment Coach has with him.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Crybaby crybaby...........oh my god nooooooooooooo a Stoner called me a crybaby..........dear god what ever will I do

1. Headley has been deemed ML ready by Grady Fuson........
    ..........you were wrong
    2. The Bay rumor didn't start in San Diego as you claimed because you didn't like the rumor to begin with
    .........wrong again

There are 2 examples ....... and you wont man up to either of them as usual.......
    LOLOLOL I have already owned up to it starting Pitt

The article you posted didn't say a word about Headley but did in fact mention that Pitt was looking for pitching

This shit right here is why threads go bad

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan View Post
    There isn't an article on that, that I know of. Though, I've heard Fuson say it a few times on Coach Kintera's show on XX Sports Radio during the weekly segment Coach has with him.
    Then how am I supposed to be wrong about something I haven't heard a guy say? I thought someone posted something. Headley had a great AA season but has yet to prove anything at a higher level. He might be the next Scott Rolen, he might not. Bay should be traded for a proven player like a Kouz plus other pieces and make Kouz an OFer.

MLB ERA

You're right LTR..........you might not hear or have heard our dir. of scouting.......so instead just argue with those that have and did ?

Here is part of a conversation during a Q&A with Fuson.........while in this he never says ML ready it addresses your questions as to why they didn't promote him to AAA this year as he was ready.

How difficult is it - and we will use Chase Headley as an example – to not bring him up to Portland. Obviously San Antonio was great for him but he likely deserved a shot in Portland. Is it because Portland wasn’t necessarily conducive to the winning attitude you are trying to bring about?

Grady Fuson: Everybody has a different view of the purpose of Triple-A. Does a player have to go through Triple-A to be major league ready? In most cases, yea, you would like to see a little time there. Triple-A is such a different environment today than it ever has been.

The reality is it doesn’t hurt a guy like Chase Headley to be in one place. He has dominated. His confidence is up. As he continues to dominate he comtinues to build his own self esteem. He was a mature player. He is a mature player and has his mind right. That is why I never felt guilty when we threw him to the big leagues. I told Kevin (Towers), ‘This guy can handle it. He is not going to have any fear. He does not need that extra step to prove that.’
    The other thing is if you look at where we are with Lake Elsinore and San Antonio, next year will be the year where there will be some influx in the Double-A and Triple-A levels of our own kids that have come through the program – they have been drafted here, developed here, and are getting close. I would rather see that core group – the Headley’s, the Antonelli’s, the Huffman’s, (Wade) LeBlanc – I would rather see those guys all stay together as they continue to climb.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Where did he disagree? I didn't see it. Guess you forgot and again moving on Crybaby.

MLB ERA

What are you talking about now dipshit ?

or are you talking about the thread HWood split and your answer is now on the other one ? Way to keep up

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    What are you talking about now dipshit ?

or are you talking about the thread HWood split and your answer is now on the other one ? Way to keep up
    OH my god Leo do something about this shit!!!

You said Fuson disagrees. How do I know? You posted an article in the exact same post that didn't mention Headley nor did you say why Fuson disagreed. You just put "padres" in bold letters. Leo please move all threads and quit posting shit about this on the thread. Keep it in the Bay one! You are interrupting an actual baseball discussion!!!

MLB ERA

Here is part of a conversation during a Q&A with Fuson.........while in this he never says ML ready it addresses your questions as to why they didn't promote him to AAA this year as he was ready.

Quote:
    How difficult is it - and we will use Chase Headley as an example – to not bring him up to Portland. Obviously San Antonio was great for him but he likely deserved a shot in Portland. Is it because Portland wasn’t necessarily conducive to the winning attitude you are trying to bring about?

Grady Fuson: Everybody has a different view of the purpose of Triple-A. Does a player have to go through Triple-A to be major league ready? In most cases, yea, you would like to see a little time there. Triple-A is such a different environment today than it ever has been.

The reality is it doesn’t hurt a guy like Chase Headley to be in one place. He has dominated. His confidence is up. As he continues to dominate he comtinues to build his own self esteem. He was a mature player. He is a mature player and has his mind right. That is why I never felt guilty when we threw him to the big leagues. I told Kevin (Towers), ‘This guy can handle it. He is not going to have any fear. He does not need that extra step to prove that.’
    The other thing is if you look at where we are with Lake Elsinore and San Antonio, next year will be the year where there will be some influx in the Double-A and Triple-A levels of our own kids that have come through the program – they have been drafted here, developed here, and are getting close. I would rather see that core group – the Headley’s, the Antonelli’s, the Huffman’s, (Wade) LeBlanc – I would rather see those guys all stay together as they continue to climb.
    He's was in AA this year, and doesn't need to prove anything at the next level to be ready for the bigs..........hmmmm translation for those too slow to keep up......he's ML ready.......Fuson has said many times that he's ready......this is simply the only place I could find in print for those unable to keep up with interviews over the radio here that some of us get to listen to regularly.........

Go ahead........say it...........you were wrong.......and just because you were uninformed doesn't mean jack shit.........you were still wrong

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast