Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Padres acquire Milton Bradley

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Padres acquire Milton Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    That being said, your opinion is rather asinine and makes zero sense.

You keep resting on the Padres overall record while conveniently neglecting the fact that what won them games prior to the trade regressed in the process.

But if you want to carry the "bottom line, they were 22-22 since his acquisition" then fine, that's your opinion.....just don't carry the double standard opinion that KT is a bad GM for not getting any other "big bats" at the deadline, because the one he got apparently doesn't make a difference for this team no matter how many RBIs he hits.
    Nothing has changed which was my whole entire point in July. Is this an impact bat? No, not one bit. Bradley has done well but it did nothing to change this team. So yes, it does make sense.

It has everything to do with this situation because if they had him and if he were producing the same as a Padre they would not have traded for Milton Bradley.
    This one is hilarious! No, it doesn't have one thing to do with the other. If, if , if. So ****ing what? It still has nothing to do with this topic! Rowand having 20 homer power and saying Bradley will not change anything have nothing in common.

Bullshit. I fail to believe you randomly chose to PM me an "I told you so" PM that just so happened to coincide with this ongoing "debate".
    Bullshit, bullshit. I was actually looking at stats and saw that Rowand has exceeded 20 homers and did it quite some time ago. Often I go look at every teams stats as i have favorite players on each team. Again, Rowand has nothing to do with Bradley and sent the PM as a slight joke but also telling to I told you so at the same time, something you tried to do by resurecting this thread but failed.

True. But I generally only use it when it seems to be effecting your logic, as it is in this thread.
    Nope it sure isn't affecting anything but does leave one with an open mind, something you guys don't have.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

love_that_reefer;309827]Nothing has changed which was my whole entire point in July. Is this an impact bat? No, not one bit. Bradley has done well but it did nothing to change this team. So yes, it does make sense.
    100% wrong......

Bullshit, bullshit. I was actually looking at stats and saw that Rowand has exceeded 20 homers and did it quite some time ago. Often I go look at every teams stats as i have favorite players on each team. Again, Rowand has nothing to do with Bradley and sent the PM as a slight joke but also telling to I told you so at the same time, something you tried to do by resurecting this thread but failed.
    Ballpark factors figured in please.........Rowands power #'s would dissolve in Petco, just like everyone else.

Nope it sure isn't affecting anything but does leave one with an open mind, something you guys don't have.

And you will never admit to being wrong, even if it's as obvious as now
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA

Bonds and Sosa cleared waivers

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Just to respond.
    1. Nice "argument" Even though eh isn't an impact bat I am still wrong? Interesting but you think he is the next Bonds

2. Maybe, maybe not but who cares since Rowand has no part in any of this discussion.

3. I have admitted to being wrong in the past and will do so when i am in fact wrong.

And your last comment is also irrelevant.

MLB ERA

.362 BA .455 OBP .676 SLG
    9 hr ......that's a HR every 11.6 AB's
    4 2b
    1 3b

That's an extra base hit every 7.5 AB's......

.....if a person doesn't think that's an impact bat.......THEY'RE STUPID........this isn't an "arguement" anymore, it's not even a debate....it's an exercise in futility with a buffoon about what is clearly an impact bat since arriving here......only a ****ing moron would think otherwise.........guess we know what you quailify for eh ?

MLB ERA

.....and NOBODY thinks he's the next Bonds you douche

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Nothing has changed which was my whole entire point in July. Is this an impact bat? No, not one bit. Bradley has done well but it did nothing to change this team. So yes, it does make sense.
    Basically what you're saying is they needed to get one individual person who can win games all by himself.

While that would have been nice, that person does not exist.

Bradley has done just as well, if not better than anyone else they "should have" acquired. at the deadline...and he only cost us a minor league relief pitcher.

This one is hilarious! No, it doesn't have one thing to do with the other. If, if , if. So ****ing what? It still has nothing to do with this topic! Rowand having 20 homer power and saying Bradley will not change anything have nothing in common.
    So, a non move that would have resulted in the non-acquisition of the player that is in question has nothing to do with how that particular player has or has not helped the Padres?

I've only "failed" because you choose to not see what's right in front of your face and are stuck arguing in circles to avoid saying "you know, I was actually wrong once."

I'm willing to put aside all arguments in regards to the bandbox that Rowand plays in (as compared to PetCo), along with Kevin Towers saying the deal was never actually on the table and accept the fact that it would have been a good deal for the Padres, despite my counter-arguments at the time.

I don't see why you can't accept Milton Bradley's performance for what it is.

I have a very open mind.

I'm not the one looking at a guy with a 1.136 OPS and still trying to cling to a futile argument that he's not helping the team he plays for.

Who's the one that's not having an open mind here?

Puff away
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Role role role yer joint,
    twist it on the end,
    take a puff,
    thats enough,
    pass it tooooo a friend...........

* sung to the tune of row row row your boat

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

So, a non move that would have resulted in the non-acquisition of the player that is in question has nothing to do with how that particular player has or has not helped the Padres?
    What non-move? What the hell are you talking about? We are talking about a guy who you thought didn't have 20 homerun power. Oddly enough, it has nothing to do with this topic whatsoever. Holy Christ!

I have accepted his performance if you cared to read. I am right as it did not change a thing as the Padres have not done anything. Have I once blamed Bradely for this? No. Is a big bat who can provide protection for those who needed it? No. Have the Padres played any better? No. Did anyone once bring up Rowand? No. You can "respectfully disagree" and I will do the same. And as I do that I will puff a joint and watch the Padres play the same baseball I have all year.

MLB ERA

Please stop smoking weed.........your brain is turning to mush before everyones eyes.........it's really sad...........

INTERVENTION IS COMING

MLB ERA

The discussion in this thread has pretty much ended.

I think we've reached the point where we just have to accept each other's collective opinions.

MLB ERA

why would anyone ever accept stupidity as an opinion......therefore his will never be accepted

Wait....so the PLAYERS ON THE TEAM say that having Bradley has made a difference.......but Reefer is the one to listen too?!
    Don't believe the guys IN THE LINEUP.........
    You're basically calling Maddux and Gonzalez liars and that you have a better understanding of how a player affects the rest of the Team than the guys ACTUALLY BEING AFFECTED......Thats rich
    What is it with Giant fans?
    Hey Reefer.....do you like the Rolling Stones?

MLB ERA

Just to clarify my last post in here....

I think it's fairly obvious to everyone other than LTR that Milton Bradley has helped this team tremendously.

I was simply pointing out that no amount of repeating the obvious to him is going to make him get it....hence the discussion is pretty much over.

That also wasn't a request to stop posting in here, feel free to keep trying to get him to realize the obvious if you want to.

That was more of an observation on my part that he just doesn't get it and refuses to, thus any amount of telling him 1+1=2 is futile as he'll argue that it equals 3 till his fingers fall off from all the typing.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It's obvious to me that the Padres have not done any better since his arrival which makes my point. Yes we all know it's a team game but the Padres didn't get that impact player which brings me to this which I overlooked the first time while trying to find out what the **** Mr. Padre is talking about.

Basically what you're saying is they needed to get one individual person who can win games all by himself.

While that would have been nice, that person does not exist.
    No shit, but there are the impact guys who elevate a team and make teams that much more better. Teams have been doing it for years. One that stands out most in my mind is Fred McGriff in 1993. He boosted that team and changed the way they play. There have many, many many others that have done the same. Does anyone honestly think anyone fears Milton Bradley? No, thus no change in the teams dynamic thus no big improvement.

Now I am the most open minded person on here and have always admitted to being wrong. You say I refuse to get. No, I just don't see it your way. The bottom line is the bottom line. You guys can keep going in circles and bring in irrelevant shit all day. It doesn't change my point of view and doesn't make me wrong. I get your guys point 100%. I just don't buy it. Bradley has played well and you can say we have a better record than what you would have had if things stayed the same but it doesn't change the FACT that the Padres are playing the same. It's all speculation as to whether they would be better or worse without Bradley. He just isn't the guy to make big change and propel a team which is why I made my original statement and stick by it.

As for Mr. Padre, what?

It's hilarious when you guys start to use the same language.

And if my logic is so messed up by weed, why have I been right about so many things (Zito, Rowand, any other situation you called me stupid and moron)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast