Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Padres acquire Milton Bradley

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Padres acquire Milton Bradley

Yes they are playing the same and yes the padres passed the Dbacks by .001 and are no longer in last place, just second to last. No real accomplishment bro. I am entitled to my opinion and I am not changing it. I knew Bradley wasn't going to change the dynamic of this team and so far I'm right. To answer your question JayDawg, there is no possible way of knowing but Bradley is the better choice. To say Cruz/Sledge/another bad transaction couldn't help get the Padres to a 22-22 record is a stretch since they were doing it before.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

LOL...........how far did they have to come to accomplish that......BRO.......they are hitting more, the guys around him are seeing better pitches because he's raking.......you're arguement is weak, and dead wrong.......quit while you're losing badly

If the way MB is swinging it does nothing for a lineup, then Bonds bat never had anything to do with any lineup ever........
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Whatever, and your right you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how dillusional it is, it is still your opinion, so enjoy it.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

They didn't have to go that far to accomplish that if you can even call it an accomplishment. One game can swing them back into last. My argument is wrong because you say so? LOL. I am sticking with my original opinion because they haven't been playing any better thus not changing anything. The only thing I am wrong about is his nemubers. And comparing Bonds and Bradley is laughable. Bonds was a power hitter hitting bonbs every 8 ABs. Bradley isn't even close to being a power hitter. And my argument is weak I am not dead wrong and not losing badly at anything.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

puff, puff, cough, cough,

did somebody dip this in some formaldehyde caude I'm hallucinating here...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg27 View Post
    puff, puff, cough, cough,

did somebody dip this in some formaldehyde caude I'm hallucinating here...
    22-22 is not hallucinating but thinking Bradley is somehow Bonds-like is.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I'm not wrong. The Padres have been playing the same. He is not the type of player who is going to change anything. You can think what you want.
    Reefer, you seriously insist on arguing this?

You're seriously going to tell me Milton and his 1.139 OPS isn't helping the Padres at all?

But you're going to turn around and send me a PM to say "I told you so" because Aaron Rowand has over 20 HRs?

So, is the insinuation that if we had Rowand hitting 8 HRs in the past two months for the Padres instead of Milton Bradley that that would be making a difference?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

they're not 22-22 over that stretch because of Milton, they're that because the back end of the rotation has regressed.

They'd have a worse record if not for Milton.

Milton = 22-22
    no Milton = 17-27 at least

Milton has made a difference no matter how many puffs you take.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Reefer, you seriously insist on arguing this?

You're seriously going to tell me Milton and his 1.139 OPS isn't helping the Padres at all?

But you're going to turn around and send me a PM to say "I told you so" because Aaron Rowand has over 20 HRs?

So, is the insinuation that if we had Rowand hitting 8 HRs in the past two months for the Padres instead of Milton Bradley that that would be making a difference?
    22-22 record since he came over which hasn't changed a thing for the padres team. Yes, I am still going on with this since IT'S MY OPINION and has been from day one!! I knew it was a move that would not prove to do this team any better. The Padres were winning games before Bradley got to SD. He has exceeded my expectations but doesn't change the fact that it hasn't propelled the Padres in any way shape or form.

As for Rowand and the I told you so, that is 100% different situation and argument that has zero to do with this topic. You can try and make it relevant but it's simply not. You said he wasn't a 20 homerun guy and I said he was and sure enough he has done it and is on his way to 30. The reason I PMed you and didn't write it in this thread was because it had nothing to do with what we are talking about. You guys can insist on coming at me but nothing has changed since I said on July 7th or whenever he signed. And yes I smoke weed, nice clever comebacks on that guys. Real orignal and still doesn't change anything either.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Bonds like I never said, Bradley hasnt done steroids. An improvement to this team and we wouldnt be where we are without him I did say.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg27 View Post
    Bonds like I never said, Bradley hasnt done steroids. An improvement to this team and we wouldnt be where we are without him I did say.
    No one said you did say anything, can't say that for certain, and to say you wouldn't be there without him isn't a fact either. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Agreed, and mines right, and yours is dillusional. Just kidding, I know to each his own.

MLB ERA

Milton Bradley continues to not make a difference with a solo shot to make it 3-1

MLB ERA

22-22 record since he came over which hasn't changed a thing for the padres team. Yes, I am still going on with this since IT'S MY OPINION and has been from day one!! I knew it was a move that would not prove to do this team any better. The Padres were winning games before Bradley got to SD. He has exceeded my expectations but doesn't change the fact that it hasn't propelled the Padres in any way shape or form.
    First off, I realize it's your opinion.

I'll never, for the life of me, understand why anyone on any message forum feels the need to inform me that their post is their opinion.

Of course it's your opinion, that's the entire purpose of forums like these to state...and debate each other's opinions.

You tell me it's your opinion you may as well also tell me the sky is blue.

That being said, your opinion is rather asinine and makes zero sense.

You keep resting on the Padres overall record while conveniently neglecting the fact that what won them games prior to the trade regressed in the process.

But if you want to carry the "bottom line, they were 22-22 since his acquisition" then fine, that's your opinion.....just don't carry the double standard opinion that KT is a bad GM for not getting any other "big bats" at the deadline, because the one he got apparently doesn't make a difference for this team no matter how many RBIs he hits.

As for Rowand and the I told you so, that is 100% different situation and argument that has zero to do with this topic. You can try and make it relevant but it's simply not. You said he wasn't a 20 homerun guy and I said he was and sure enough he has done it and is on his way to 30.
    It has everything to do with this situation because if they had him and if he were producing the same as a Padre they would not have traded for Milton Bradley.

The reason I PMed you and didn't write it in this thread was because it had nothing to do with what we are talking about. You guys can insist on coming at me but nothing has changed since I said on July 7th or whenever he signed.
    Bullshit. I fail to believe you randomly chose to PM me an "I told you so" PM that just so happened to coincide with this ongoing "debate"

And yes I smoke weed, nice clever comebacks on that guys. Real orignal and still doesn't change anything either.
    True. But I generally only use it when it seems to be effecting your logic, as it is in this thread.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

True. But I generally only use it when it seems to be effecting your logic, as it is in this thread.
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast