Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess who's back...back again.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Klesko USED TO be an average player with spurts of power. Key word: USED TO.

Much like Giles he lost his averageness after being in SD for a year. What is it about SD that does that to some guys?

Can anyone really be excited for his return?....tell your friends.....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    it's not San Diego, it's PetCo

Klesko and Nevin were both jacking the cover off the ball at Qualcomm.

(Not saying I understand it any better by pointing that out.)
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Who cares? I dont think he'll be much of a contributor.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    it's not San Diego, it's PetCo

Klesko and Nevin were both jacking the cover off the ball at Qualcomm.

(Not saying I understand it any better by pointing that out.)
    It's not San Diego.........it's not Petco........it's that Nevin and Klesko were both roided up during those power years at the Q.......they lost their power at the sametime that roids hit the MLB watchdog.....and what a coincidence eh?..... shocker that without chemical help none of these guys has power....Giles is losing power because he's OLD.......at least Giles IMO is and was clean......I knew him in high school and he was a tank then also......so if he roided up it was back in HS.........also his body has held up and he still has some production value....even if his power and BA have plummeted......

AGon has had no problem reaching the seats in RF...... this team was lacking a true power hitter for the last two years simple as that.....the RF seats are reachable for ANYONE with power....and that short porch is reachable to any lefty with a bat....
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    It's not San Diego.........it's not Petco........it's that Nevin and Klesko were both roided up during those power years at the Q.......they lost their power at the sametime that roids hit the MLB watchdog.....and what a coincidence eh?..... shocker that without chemical help none of these guys has power....Giles is losing power because he's OLD.......at least Giles IMO is and was clean......I knew him in high school and he was a tank then also......so if he roided up it was back in HS.........also his body has held up and he still has some production value....even if his power and BA have plummeted......

AGon has had no problem reaching the seats in RF...... this team was lacking a true power hitter for the last two years simple as that.....the RF seats are reachable for ANYONE with power....and that short porch is reachable to any lefty with a bat....
    I wouldn't exactly say that Nevin doesn't have power in his bat anymore, because he's shown that he can still hit the long ball in Texas as well as Chicago, so that's not exactly accurate.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA
    20 isn't 40

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever

you're right (about it being them, not PetCo or San Diego) I was just being facetious.

I wouldn't be suprised if roids were involved, but Klesko also started getting injured a lot around that time, so it might not be the case with him, who knows.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    I know you know this.......but when it's said out loud there are some that believe what is typed....because they can't think for themselves....which is why we're defending some of the sarcasm we share at times......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12